33 : Package

how long have I not updated lol

Xiaos's POV

It's been a few weeks now since Y/N has left. The first few days were the hardest but I've adjusted... Qiqi has definitely been a great help in keeping me company. I never could've imagined an undead child would be so comforting...

But if my memory serves me correctly, Y/N will return in 2 weeks ! That's assuming nothing went wrong on the trip though... also assuming they didn't get into any trouble and got arrested by the ocean police or something...

What if they're hurt ? What if they come back to me with a wooden leg and an eyepatch.... what if—!

I take a deep breath and calm myself. Overthinking things won't help.

I shake my head to rid my mind of any lingering intrusive thoughts and quickly tend to the plants that hav continued to grow in number on our windowsill. Qiqi decided to paint on the pot that had Y/N's favorite flowers in it.

It's a cute drawing of all 3 of us drink coconut milk together on Qiqi's favorite herb picking spot on Mt Tianheng. She really is a creative kid.

I step outside our house for a bit to get some fresh air. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. That is, until I hear someone calling my name.

I open one of my eyes just to see who it was. I saw a rather tall man running towards me with a package. I walk closer to them and ask what's in the box.

"It's a delivery from... Y/N ! It came from Inazuma. There's a lot in here but it only just arrived since they closed their borders but Captain Beidou is on good terms with some of the people in power in Inazuma so they allowed Y/N to send a package."

I sign a sheet of paper the man handed me confirming I received the package and ran inside the house to see what was inside.

I went into my room and grabbed my spear to precisely cut the tape on the box. Inside were stacks and stacks of sealed envelopes with wax in the shape of a heart. Since when did they know how to seal envelopes with wax ?!

I take all of the envelopes out to see they all have a date written on the top right left corner. I rearranged all of them from oldest to latest and started with the oldest.

The wax is no longer sticky so I can peel it off rather easily on the older envelopes.

Inside was a piece of paper that was neatly folded to fit in the envelope, and along with it, a wilted flower petal. It's a shame the flower died before I could see it's true color but it looks to be a shade of purple.

I set the envelope and flower petal aside to read the note. It talked about Y/N's journey to Inazuma with Beidou. It seems they weren't greeted with a very warm welcome at the beginning but the more time they spent with the crew, the more they all got along.

They made lots of new friends...

It's good to hear that Y/N's not feeling lonely on his trip but they better not be cheating on me with some lowlife scum who could never treat Y/N as good as I can.

... I swear I'm not jealous.

I heard someone knock on the door to my room when Qiqi suddenly came in.

"Qiqi sensed a dark aura. Is Xiao okay ?"

Ok maybe I'm a bit jealous.

"I'm okay, nothing to worry about. Actually, I just received this package from Y/N and—"

Before I could even finish talking Qiqi ran to the bed and quickly climbed onto my lap. Her eyes twinkling with excitement.

I chuckle at her reaction to me just saying Y/N's name.

"—and it has tons of letters from Y/N talking about their trip to Inazuma."

Qiqi's eyes become more expectant.

"Wanna read them together ?"

Qiqi shakes her head.

"Why not ?"

"Qiqi wants you to read them to me before bedtime. So it's like Y/N is tucking me to sleep."

I smile and pat her head.

"Alright then. You go back to doing whatever you were doing before, I'll read these letters in the meantime."

I spent the rest of the day reading the letters. They were all very wholesome and cute and I couldn't help but miss Y/N more. My heart aches that I can't smother them with my love right now.

While most of the letters were cute and wholesome... there were a few detailing how much they missed me... in a sexual way. They referred to my genitalia as a 'glow stick dick' because I can make it glow green and I don't know how to feel about that.

Y/N has quite a way with their words though because reading a few lines of their notes... got me a little bit excited.

Anyways...

I finished reading all the notes and got me and Qiqi dinner. Qiqi had her lunch at Bubu Pharmacy since she still works there and after dinner, I read to her one of the more 'innocent' notes Y/N sent me as a bedtime story.

After she fell asleep I quietly left the room and walked back to mine.

... Maybe it's wrong of me to do so but I did read one of the more... risqué notes Y/N sent me before bed.

After that I slept like a baby. Sweaty, but still a peaceful sleep.

Oh how I long for the day I get to see them again...

💤

ajdjsjd sorry for procrastinating on this chapter so long ;;