4 : Treasure Hoarders

3RD PERSON POV

While our sweet little adventurer was snoring peacefully in their tent, a few not-so-friendly people found them in the dead of the night.

Quietly, the Treasure Hoarders zipped open the entrance to the tent to see Y/N sleeping like a baby, and right beside them was their bag. It looked jam packed full of treasure so they thought it might be good to borrow from the sleeping adventurer.

Or at least, that's what they called it.

They sent their smallest and most flexible person to grab the bag and run with it, even if Y/N wakes up, they were sure they could beat him in a fight. But this adventurer was far too deep into his sleep. And let his bag of supplies that was meant to keep him alive until he got to Liyue Harbor, get stolen.

The Treasure Hoarders sneakily walked away from the scenes, laughing at congratulating their little rat that got the bag.

But while walking, one of them spot a person leaning on a few rocks. He squints to try and see who it was since it was quite dark but still couldn't recognize the silhouette.

He blinks and looks again to see nothing but a pile of rocks in the shape of a person there. He sighs in relief and moves along with his team.

He looks behind him to tell his friend to hurry up only to see them all beaten up and unconscious in one pile.

"What the—?"

Was all the poor Treasure Hoarder could say before he was knocked out. With his last few second of consciousness he could see the man he noticed earlier.

"Dammit."

Was his last thought before succumbing to the darkness.

I'm sure you could've guessed who it was that defeated all the Treasure Hoarders, correct ? If you guessed Keqing then you're correct !

Just kidding, of course it was Xiao.

Xiao brought Y/N's stolen bag back to their tent and went to hide in the trees to make sure nothing else could harm them. And then the night passed, with Y/N still sleeping peacefully in their tent.

Y/N'S POV

I'm woken up by the sunlight peaking in through the thin fabric of the tent I'm in. Successfully waking me up. I go outside to see my bag right where I left it. Actually, didn't I leave it inside next to me ? Oh well.

I take out my portable cooking pot and made myself breakfast. I'm not a bad cook but after eating Smiley Yanxiao's food for two days it's not as good. But this Almond Tofu is alright, Smiley Yanxiao gave me a few ingredients before I left Wangshu Inn so I won't have to hunt or forage again for a while.

"Groworwoeow"

I hear a strange sound coming from the forest next to me. I dismiss it thinking it's just the wind or some animal but I hear it again. Louder this time

"GWOEORWOWOEERW"

Okay that's weird. I pull out my sword and quickly go on to investigate the noice only to find a familiar face.

"Xiao ? What're you doing here ?"

"Urgh... can I have some Almond Tofu first ? It smelled so good I got hungry."

"Yeah, sure hold on."

I quickly whip up another batch and hand it to Xiao.

"Here you go !"

Xiao quickly scarfs down the food and let's put a tiny burp, then covered his mouth after

"Pardon me."

"Now tell me why you're here, aren't you like... bound to Wangshu Inn or something ?"

"No, I'm one of the Guardian Yaksha, I can go wherever I want and I'm sure the other adepti can too, I just like staying at Wangshu Inn. Moon Carver, Mountain Shaper, and Cloud Retainer, all reside in Jueyun Karst."

I nod. "So why did you leave Wangshu Inn ? To follow me ?"

I'm met with silence.

"Well... I was simply........... worried you wouldn't be safe all alone so I wanted to.......... keep watch over you until you got to Liyue Harbor. You should be more careful though, that bag was not always outside your tent was it ?"

"I knew it was inside my tent last night ! And I was wondering... since you're already here... maybe you could.. train me ?"

"Train you ? Why ?"

"So I can defend myself. Duh."

"No. I'm simply here to make sure you get to Liyue Harbor safely. Nothing more, nothing less—"

"I'll make you almond tofu every day~"

"... While that is a tempting offer I won't train you in exchange for such a materialistic offer such as Almond... Tofu..."

I wave the remaining Almond Tofu I had around his face, wafting the scent into his nose.

"... Fine, I guess training you wouldn't be too tough of a task..."

"Yay ! Let's start as soon as I finish this meal okay ?"

"Excited, aren't you ? Well then, I'll wait for you to finish. But hurry up. I don't have much patience."

"Mhm !"

I mutter out with my face still stuffed with food.

Finally I have someone to teach me how to fight ! Well I already knew how to fight but now I can fight good-er ! I finish eating and quickly go to Xiao to ask instructions for our first training session.

I wonder what I'll learn from him.