The Mystery Costume

Hermione POV

“THEY’RE WHAT?” I had waited for Draco to return from his first day of detention. He certainly didn’t take the news as well, as I expected. The School day was over and done with and I was now back breaking the news to Draco that Harry and Ron would return to Hogwarts in a matter of days.

I sighed. “There won’t be any problems unless the three of you make one. If you say nothing to them, they won’t say anything to you. Simple.”

He mutters a few curse words under his breath fully aware that I could hear. “We both know that won’t happen.”

“Well I can only hope for the best because you guys are adults now and it’s about time you all grow up.”

Draco grinned. “You sound like my Mother again.”

“Oh shut up. Please tell me you won’t start anything unnecessary when they come back on Friday? I really want a stress free year.” I plead. Harry, Ron and Draco at loggerheads with one another is the last thing I wanted.

The arrogant look was wiped off Draco’s face and he looked almost amused. “If you insist. But don’t expect me not to bite back if they start first. And certainly don’t expect us to be the best of friends.”

I laughed whilst imagining Harry, Ron and Draco chatting together like friends and drinking Butterbeer together. “Yeah that’s highly unlikely and it would be quite weird.”

He nodded in agreement as he stretched his long body across the couch. “Why are they coming back anyways?”

“Well for Harry it’s mostly about him missing Ginny. But he and Ron are unsure of what they want to do. They feel that coming back here is a better option I guess.” I tell him.

Draco rolled his eyes. “If I were unsure about what I wanted in life, coming back here wouldn’t be top on my list.”

I raised my eyebrows in question. “What is it you want, Draco?”

He began to carefully observe me as his famous smirk appeared on his lips. As his eyes trailed up my body it was almost as if he was undressing me with his eyes. “I think you know what I want, Hermione.”

My cheeks burned. “What do you m-“

I was interrupted by a sudden eager knock on the door. Draco groaned in frustration, clearly his plans were ruined, whatever they might be. I bit on my lip as I explored the possibilities of what those plans might consist of.

“You gonna get that or will I?” He asks me gesturing towards the door.

I felt an immense amount of disappointment as I turned towards the door. Whoever this might be, it better be for a good reason. I opened the door only to look into the storm filled eyes of Blaise Zabini. He made a childish gagging noise at the sight of me and I rolled my eyes. What did he want?

Before I could say anything I felt Draco’s presence from behind me. “What is it Blaise?”

Blaise’s eyes were full of hatred as he spoke. “Let me in.”

“What for?”

“I have to talk to you, now.” Blaise snaps.

“Well then we can go somewhere private. Give me one minute.” Draco calmly tells him.

“No.” Blaise snaps. “I can’t wait. Let me in.”

I felt really awkward standing between the two of them. I quickly stood aside as Blaise forced his way past a clearly irritated Draco. I watched as Blaise started to slowly pace around the room, observing his surroundings.