The Other Side Of Draco Malfoy

Hermione POV

I slowly awoke the next morning blinking at my surroundings. I was laying in an unfamiliar bed in a small room with old brown wooden floors and bright red curtains. I then remembered I was in Ginny’s room as I stayed there last night. I look next to me and I see a mop of Red hair spread out across the pillow and drool down her chin. Grinning to myself I then notice an empty bottle of vodka on the bedside table. I don’t even remember finishing it all with her. The events of last night were a blur. After I left my room I came to Ginny’s and we had some food and girly chat, she opened up the bottle of vodka before I knew it. Things are blank after that. Just at that moment I glance at the clock and groan. It was currently 8:30, there was only a half hour left of Breakfast in the Great Hall. My body collapsed beneath the sheets, I really didn’t want to move but the growling noise coming from my tummy told me otherwise. I stumbled out of Ginny’s bed and while doing so my vision blurred slightly along with a stabbing pain in my head. How much did I drink last night? Groaning, I pull on some fresh clothes and done my best to make myself look less tired and groggy. I then turn my attentions to my sleeping friend. I really didn’t want to disturb her but I knew she would most likely be hungry too.

“Ginny! Wake up.” I say as I tug at the blankets. She didn’t budge, instead her mouth parted slightly. I yank the blankets off the bed and when I did Ginny’s body turned to her side.

“Just give me another five minutes Mum.” She groaned as she covered her face with her arm. Mum? I didn’t bother trying to prevent myself from laughing.

“Ginny it’s me.”

“What? Oh…. Morning Hermione.”

I laughed. “How are you feeling?”

She scooped her long mane to the side as she slowly sat up. She struggled to keep her eyes open. “I’m fine. I have a bit of a headache though. Why’d you wake me?”

I pointed towards the clock. “Breakfast started a half hour ago. Thought you might be hungry.”

“Ah shoot!” She muttered. “You can go ahead of me if you want. I’ll get ready.”

“No it’s okay. I’ll wait for you.” I smiled as I sat in an armchair.

Ginny grinned at me as she pulled out some dark jeans and a blue blouse out of her chest of drawers. “Did you have a good night?”

I shrugged. “I’d give you a straight answer if I could actually remember what happened last night.”

Ginny tugged her hairbrush through her hair. “Seriously? You remember nothing?”

“Nope.”

“Nothing at all?”

“Absolutely nothing after you opened the bottle.” I say. “What happened?”

Ginny was dressed quicker than I expected. She was now standing in front of the mirror putting on concealer under her eyes. Her silence made me suspicious. “You want some of this?” she asks.

I shook my head. “No thanks. And don’t avoid my question.”

“You’ll probably regret even asking me if I told you.” Her voice sounded somewhat sympathetic.

Oh god. I sure hope it wasn’t bad. “Ginny if I said or done something that you know I’d hate, I would much rather you tell me.”

She sighed as she sat at the end of her bed. “Well… you might have said a thing or two about Malfoy.”

Oh dear. I’m never drinking again. “What do you mean?”

“I couldn’t even make out what you were saying for most of it because you were a bit flustered and spoke quite quick. I was too tipsy to even question you.” She tells me. “But anyways long story short, you told me that you think you are falling for Malfoy.”