What Are These Feelings?

Draco POV

I spotted her almost immediately when I entered the Slytherin common room. A short girl with greasy hair looking more miserable than ever. Pansy. I strode quickly towards her trying to control my rage. She spotted me and stood from her chair backing away.

“Draco please! I can explain.” She pleads as I approach.

“What the hell were you thinking?” I snarled. I was aware that the common room had maybe about fifteen students inside. They were all looking but I didn’t care. I wanted them to know what she was like.

Pansy walked backwards until her back hit the dark stone wall. “It was a massive mistake and I realized straight away. I promise. I’m sorry Draco.”

I sniggered. “You gave me a fucking love potion. You knew exactly what you were doing. And I think I can guess your intentions.”

There was gasps around us and Pansy lowered her head in embarrassment. “I swear to you I wasn’t thinking straight. I was a little upset.”

“We all get a little upset Pansy. That doesn’t mean we need to give each other love potions. You’re crazy.” I shouted. My fists were tightened at my sides. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and it was Goyle.

“I think you need to calm down.” He quietly tells me.

“Goyle do me a favour and piss off for a few minutes.” The rage was burning inside of me.

He rolled his eyes. “Whatever. I’ll be over there if you need me.”

Once Goyle walked away I turned my attentions back to Pansy. She gulped and for a brief moment I thought I recognised fear in her eyes. My suspicions were confirmed when she flinched when I raised my hand only to push my hair out of my face. Was she afraid of me?

I took a deep breath. “I don’t mean to intimidate you. You just have no right doing things like that to people.”

She bit on her lip and looked nervously away. “I know.”

“So why?”

“Take a guess why. You’re a lot of things Draco, dumb isn’t one of them.”

I harshly laughed. “That’s a pretty pathetic way to make someone fall in love with you.”

I felt a small pang of guilt as laughter erupted around us. Pansy’s lips pressed into a hard line. She didn’t look offended, just angry.

“That’s pretty messed up Pansy.” said a Slytherin girl who looked not much older than me. “You could get expelled for that.”

“I didn’t ask for your opinion Samantha.” Pansy snapped. Samantha called Pansy a name under her breath before turning her attention back to her friends.

“Anything else you feel the need to say? I’m getting quite bored.” Pansy tells me sighing. The burning rage inside of me hasn’t left yet. I close most of the space between Pansy and I. I saw that look of fear in her eyes again as I place my hand on the wall behind her.

“Pansy.” I say smoothly. Her eyes fluttered closed as I leaned forward to the side of her head. I could almost hear her quickened heart-beat. “If you ever humiliate me like that again, you will regret it.” I whisper.

“Oh please!” She sniggered. “You humiliated me in the middle of the corridor the other day. We’re even now, Draco.”

I pull away gritting my teeth. “That isn’t the same. You spiked my drink to satisfy yourself and then you leave me with Herm…I mean Mudblood to babysit me. There’s something seriously wrong with you.”