Love is Pain

Hermione POV

I opened my eyes. The sunlight bathed my skin as I lay on my side. The clock on my bedside table read seven thirty, which meant Breakfast would start a half hour from now. Just as I begin to stretch out my whole body I feel an arm snake around my waist. My heart lurched and I twist my head around to see who it belonged to. The brief panic disappeared and I smiled. The fond memories of last night came back.

“You forgot I was here?” Draco laughs.

“I have tendencies to be groggy and confused in the mornings.” I respond moving in closer to him. “Nothing personal.”

“I hope not.” He yawns. “Did you sleep okay?”

“I did.” I tell him truthfully. Whenever Draco is by my side I always sleep better. I’m not sure whether it was just the comfort of having somebody by my side while I was sleeping or just Draco in general. Maybe both. But, each night I lay next to him in bed and just stare into his eyes, wishing that the moment could never end, wishing that my tired eyes won't close so that I can just stare at him for as long as I can muster.

“Everyone sleeps better in my presence, it’s nothing new.” He teases like he literally just read my mind. In response I rolled my eyes at him and I playfully nudge him on the arm. Usually I would hate Draco’s narcissistic comments but now they have just turned into something that I am used to. It’s difficult to despise him anymore. How can I when he is the only man that has ever shown me proper care and affection?

I’m not sure how long we stayed in bed together, but it eventually got to the point where we both needed to get up and ready for another school day. Draco left my bedroom, of course to give me some privacy to get changed. It didn’t take me long to get dressed. I sigh at my appearance in the mirror in the bathroom as I brushed my teeth. My hair was a lot neater than this last night. I am so grateful that I have a wand to fix it, if I didn’t know any magic I’m not sure how I would keep maintenance. Draco too is ready when I exit the bathroom. He is leaning against the wall in a casual manner; he raises his head and smiles when he sees me causing the butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

“You look beautiful today.”

“Oh please. I look practically the same every day.” I answer dragging my gaze away as my cheeks burned different shades of red. I try to look busy when I begin to gather up some books but I feel his presence behind me in seconds.

“I’m saying it because it’s true.” His hot breath against the side of my face weakened me. “Believe me, you are beautiful. It makes think about a lot of things that I would like to do with you… or for you.”

“Oh Draco, behave.” I giggle. He traces his fingertips along my shoulder and up to where my hair was, he tugs it back so it hangs down my back. His other hand lightly grazes my neck and he closes the space between us from behind.

“It’s difficult when I’m with you.”

“Well perhaps you should consider learning a little self-control?” I ask in a mocking voice. I feel his soft lips brush against the skin on the back of my neck and I sigh.  His fingers graze across my back and I shivered in with the tracks left by them. His hand moved carefully up my back and moved slowly across my neck, ending up just below my hair line. Suddenly I begin to crave the taste of my lips, I squeeze my eyes shut.

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems as though you’re the one unable to control yourself.” He deeply laughs against my ear before pulling away. His touch was gone and I am my own person again. I spin my body around and I face him, trying my best to look as infuriated as I possibly can. His arrogant smile made me smile and that frustrated me. Maybe he’s right… am I the one with no control?