Halloween - Part 2

Draco POV

This Halloween party was getting in full swing. I thought I was going to hate every moment of it. I honestly never expected it to be as good as it was. This one, compared to previous years dull non-atmospheric parties was a massive improvement. I have to admit that Weasley’s incident with Lavender Brown was the highlight of my night so far. Not one person didn’t laugh at his humiliation. I had no idea what Crabbe and Goyle were even talking about because I got distracted by Hermione. I allowed my eyes to follow her trail to where she was talking to Potter, Weasley and Weaslette with a drink in her hand. My gaze lingered on her full appearance for what must have been the tenth time, if not more, tonight. When she told me previously that she was going as a witch I honestly believed she was going to wear an oversized boring plain black dress along with a witches hat. I was so wrong. It was definitely a pleasant surprise seeing her emerge from the bathroom earlier. My sinful thoughts almost got the better than me when I was extremely tempted to push her up against the wall and kiss her like it was the last thing I ever got to do. She is so beautiful and she doesn’t even know it, nor the effect she really has on Men.

“Look who it is.” A shaky voice which belonged to Goyle disturbs me from my thoughts. I look to where he is pointing to see that Blaise has arrived in what looked like a Zorro costume. He doesn’t talk to anyone and he doesn’t look over at us. He silently makes his way through the crowds and leans against the wall. Pansy stiffened in her stance to where she was chatting to another Slytherin girl.

I sigh. “He better not start anything tonight. I am not in the mood.”

“I reckon he needs to get a grip.” Crabbe says. “I’m no expect but it’s silly to fall out with a mate over a girl.”

“He’s apparently in love with Pansy.” Goyle grumbles.

“Doubt it.” Crabbe says. “He never seemed to like her too much.”

“Isn’t that what people do when they’re in love with someone? Pretend they don’t like them.” Goyle questions. I stiffened, that statement was all too relatable with me.

Crabbe shrugs. “Who knows.”

Goyle looks down to the ground, looking nerveous all of a sudden. He opens his mouth like he’s about to say something, then closes it again. Crabbe and I raise our eyebrows at one another.

“What’s the matter?” I ask.

“I… uh… I have a bit of a confession to make.” He tells us both.

“And that is?”

Goyle deeply sighs. “It’s my fault that Blaise went to your room yesterday and lashed out, mate. I should have told you straight away but my mind was clogged up and I wasn’t sure of what to do.”

I frowned. “What do you mean it’s your fault?”

“Uh… P-Pansy and me… we…. Uh….”

I snapped with realization and broke out into laughter. “It was you who Pansy was with the other night. Wasn’t it?”

Goyle slowly nods and Crabbe’s jaw drops to the floor. I was still in fits of laughter unable to believe what I have just heard.

I finally manage to calm down. I take a long sip of my Fire whiskey I had held in my hand. “Right so you and Pansy got down to business, Blaise came the next morning and saw that she were with someone and then thinking it was me, he came to confront me?”

Goyle shrugs shamefully. “Pretty much, yeah. I’m sorry mate.”

I shook my head. “You don’t need to be sorry. I can handle Blaise. I’m more interested in knowing what the hell you were thinking getting with Pansy.”