In Loving Memory

Hermione POV

I awaken to the sound of shuffling and the sunlight shining upon my face. I stretched out my whole body as the red silk sheets which were tightened before, had now loosened. I glance over to the top of the room to see that Ginny was already awake; she stood in front of a full length mirror furiously trying to style her hair to her liking. Last night after I left Draco behind I came to Ginny’s, she agreed to let me stay overnight after I told her what happened. Thinking of Draco now is like an itch I can’t get rid of. No matter how hard I try, he’s always the first person I think about before I go to sleep, and the first in the mornings. I really don’t know how I got to this stage, the effect he has on me in is unexplainable. But I shouldn’t think about him in an affectionate way right now, he was way out of order last night without reason. All I done was try to help him, make him realize that none of what happened to Pansy was his fault. I guess it’s understandable in a way, it’s normal for somebody to put themselves in the blame. What happened to Pansy was an awful shock for everybody, Hogwarts has never had a suicide, ever. But Draco has no right taking it out on me. Who else could possibly help him other than me? Ginny now notices my groggy reflection in her mirror, she turns around and smiles.

“Morning, how are you feeling?”

“Not so bad.” I lie. “Thanks again for letting me stay out of the blue last night, I appreciate it.”

Ginny sets her hairbrush aside. She had settled for a neat ponytail which highlights her pretty features. “Its fine, I told you before that you are welcome to bunk in with me whenever you want to. That is of course if Harry isn’t staying with me.”

I laughed. “I would really have no other option but to sleep in the corridors if Harry was here last night.”

Ginny walks over to her wardrobe and I sit up in the bed letting out a loud yawn. “Seriously though… how are you really? Are you still upset over Mal.. I mean Draco?” She grins and she pulls out two blouses, one black and one red. “I should probably settle on first name basis with you.”

I shrug. “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t bothered, because I am. But I will get over it. He just needs time.” I frown as Ginny begins to examine the two blouses she held. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t know which I should go for. I haven’t been to many memorials but I don’t want to look too casual. Do you think I should go for red or black?”

I sighed. Pansy’s memorial was today and I had no doubt that many tears will be shed by people. I don’t know about me, because I never had any type of relationship with Pansy. “It’s a memorial, not a fashion show. Choose whatever you want.”

Ginny laughs at my slight sarcasm as she holds up each blouse against her figure. “I suppose people only really wear black to funerals, but this isn’t a funeral. It might send off a depressing vibe anyway.” She tosses it asides and smiles down at the red material. “Red it is then.”

I roll my eyes. I really don’t understand why some people these days are so hell-bent on getting their fashion choices right, even if it’s only a boring day which will consist of doing nothing. My sense of fashion is rather boring. I only wear plain kind of clothes that don’t cost much to buy. Ginny has tried and failed many times to help me become enthusiastic over the latest new trends and looks. I stand up and look around me, I groan at the realization that I never thought of doing something so simple.

“What’s wrong?” Ginny asks as she pulls the blouse over her head.

“I never brought any clothes,” I addressed. “I forgot to go back to my room last night to collect some.” I remember specifically not wanting to return last night because that would mean coming face to face with Draco, which I didn’t want.