Another Day From Hell

Hermione POV

A few hours later I was sitting at a table in the Three Broomsticks with Ginny awaiting Harry and Ron's arrival. Every few seconds or so I kept checking my watch, time was going by so slow. I fiddled with my brown locks nervously. I haven't felt this anxious to see someone, ever. Before departing I had a difficult time deciding what to wear. I didn't want to dress up too casual or too fancy. In frustration I settled for a red shirt and jeans. I took a deep breath not knowing what to expect.

"Relax Hermione" Ginny puts a reassuring hand over mine "It'll be okay, I promise."

"Did Harry give you a specific time?"

"He said three thirty. They will be here any minute now." Ginny said in excitement. She was obviously dying to see Harry. It will feel so strange when Ginny runs into Harry's arms when he arrives and Ron and I will...well it will be awkward for sure. I just hope things don't get out of hand. Then I remembered I had no idea what I was going to say to Ron. I was so busy worrying I never even got a chance to figure it all out.

"Do you want another drink?" Ginny asks interrupting my thoughts as she looked down at my empty glass in front of me.

"No, I'm good thanks." I respond politely. 

At that moment two familiar figures were standing in the entrance. Harry had a haircut since I saw him last. His round glasses sat firmly on the bridge of his nose and his eyes sparkled as he looked in Ginny's direction. He had a huge goofy smile on his face as he ran over to Ginny, pulling her into his arms. Ginny squealed with delight wrapping her arms tightly around her boyfriend.

"Harry I am so happy to see you. I missed you so much," she said quickly before pulling him in for a kiss which caught Harry off guard, however he happily responded. "I can't to tell you about Hogwarts, and iIam so excited to hear how you're getting on in the outside world."

I glanced down at my hands suddenly feeling awkward. I could feel Ron's stares from across the room. I knew he was standing at the doorway. I was unable to bring myself to look at him. 

"Ah Ginny it's so great to finally see you. I've been thinking about you every day since you and Hermione left for Hogwarts," I heard Harry say "And speaking of Hermione... Hey earth to Hermione. Why haven't you said anything yet?" His attention was diverted to me. I looked up to see my friend looking down on me with both joy and concern.

I stood up and walked towards him "Sorry Harry. It's nice to see you. You look great and I love your hair." I pulled him in for a  hug. I missed this guy a lot. It's not easy being away from one of your best friends for a long period of time.

"Thanks, I had to get it cut a few days ago. It was getting far too long," he tells me patting his hand on my back/

"I like your hair how it was before." Ginny says tugging at Harry's arm playfully

"Well then I'll let it grow back, just for you." he says planting a soft kiss on Ginny's lips. He laced his fingers with Ginny's. Harry's attention is focused behind me. I knew who he was looking at

"For god sake," he muttered "He's actually still standing in the doorway. I spoke to him like ten minutes ago. This guy never listens anymore."

"Spoke to him about what?" Ginny asks looking behind me also. I could still feel Ron's stares.

"I just told him to man up a bit and approach  Hermione to talk to her about the...err situation." he said awkwardly "How are you doing by the way Hermione?"

I shrugged "I've put up with a lot worse. I really just want to get this over with."

"Yeah. I'm really sorry by the way. He told me not to tell but I just had to. I should have sent the letter to you but I sent it to Ginny instead. You have no idea how much I layed into him after I saw what I saw..." he paused for a bit frowning "I told him to get in contact with you after he found out you knew but he was being so stubborn and selfish. There was no getting to him."