Stolen Kisses

Hermione POV

Harry and Ron were already in the Great Hall when Ginny and I arrived. Harry was slowly sipping on a glass of orange juice with a half-eaten muffin in front of him; Ron was taking as much pieces of toast and dried fruit as he possibly could to put on his plate. Harry eyed Ron up and looked as though he wanted to tell Ron off for hogging all the food but when he catches sight of Ginny his eyes brighten. He stands up and greets his girlfriend with a lingering kiss which causes a look of pure disgust to appear on Ron's face.

"Come on guys," He grumbles, mouth full. "Respect a man when he's eating."

Harry and Ginny chose to ignore Ron's comments. They both sit and Harry pours Ginny out some peppermint tea while he asked her how she slept. Ginny speaks to him in a gracious and adoring voice. I look at the pair individually and I smile. These two were so in love it was almost impossible not to feel jealous at times. They literally have the kind of relationship that any girl would dream of being in. Harry has always been so caring and tender towards Ginny, the way he looks at her is clear how much he truly loves her. Ginny returns these feelings, of course. I've never seen her happier than she is with Harry. I take a seat next to Ron as it was the only one available.

"Hi Hermione," Ron says between mouthful's of food.

"Good morning Ron." I smile at him as I grab a scone. "How are you?"

"Pretty well thanks."

"I'm glad to hear that."

Awkward I suppose, was the proper word to describe this social interaction. Ron seemed way too engrossed in what he was eating to even engage in proper conversation with me. As I began to eat I notice Ron giving me side glances every now and then, I pretended not to notice them. I knew why he was doing this and it made me feel uneasy. I divert my attentions to Harry and Ginny to distract myself, they seemed to be talking about Quidditch related topics and class. Even the way they spoke to each other was in such a kind and loving way. It's safe to say that I envy their relationship. I squeeze my eyes shut for a couple of seconds and a blonde haired smirking Man appears in my mind. I wonder what I could have had with him. Would we have the same type of relationship as Harry and Ginny? Would he look at me with the same loving and longing eyes as Harry with Ginny? Then I told myself how stupid I was for even wanting what Harry and Ginny have. I had no right to feel jealous. It was my own responsibility to develop my own 'perfect' relationship with somebody. I look around me in the large noise filled room and I sigh. There's not a single male in this room who I would even consider dating. I admitted to myself that some of the guys were indeed attractive but personality is just as important. My lingering eyes came to a halt when they land on a pair of glaring grey ones. His eyes fixed with mine in such an intense way that I found it almost difficult to look away. I wondered how he was feeling. It was difficult to tell when his expression was so focused... on me. My nerves began to tingle but I still couldn't bring myself to look away. It is only the sound of Ginny's voice that turns my head.

"Hermione, are you even awake?"

"Huh... oh sorry. What were you saying?" I say embarrassed.

Ginny laughs. "I was saying that Harry and Ron agreed to come to Hogsmeade tomorrow."

"Oh," I look at Harry and Ron individually. "Thanks guys."

"No problem. I understand you've been considerably stressed lately." Harry says and I smile. I knew that Harry knew that Draco and I have moved on and forgotten the past because Ginny told him. I haven't brought it up with her yet but I don't really see any need now because I wasn't sure if there was going to be a 'Draco and me' anymore. I lower my head and sniffle. I can't cry, not here, not now.