Tension in Hogsmeade

I’m not sure what time it is when I wake up, but I know it’s early. I didn’t fall asleep until early this morning due to the multitasking of trying to get some homework done while exchanging notes underneath the door with Draco. I reach my hand under my pillow and I pull out the most recent ones. The sight of his neat handwriting makes me smile. I read over the notes a couple of times to give me some sort of motivation to start my day.

   As fun as this is, we will have to stop this because I am unable to concentrate on my work. Don’t be too disappointed, Draco.

His reply was

   Oh I’m sure you won’t have too much trouble concentrating. Miss Know-It all Granger. And besides, you love this distraction. Admit it. Even I find myself pretty irresistible.

Followed by my response.

   That doesn’t surprise me, your vanity never went unnoticed. Now stop it, I need to finish my Charms homework and I want to be asleep by midnight. You should probably sleep too.

I had wondered why he took so long to reply, i was eager to read his note when he finally slips it under the door.

   I’d rather we slept together like last time… I haven’t stopped thinking about that night.

I remember blushing upon receiving this note, Draco had a strange way of catching me by surprise and leaving me caught for a response. I eventually scribbled on the edge of a page…

Me too. P.S. You snore, a lot.

 The last memory I have of last night is the sound of Draco chuckles when he picked up this note followed by ‘Goodnight Hermione’ over the door. Back to the present time I was struggling to strip out of my pyjamas and put on my school uniform. The lack of sleep from last night was definitely taking its toll. Taking my hair brush through my bed-hair was an even bigger struggle. After a few extra minutes of yawning and trying to overcome the laziness I finally step out into the common room. I gather up a few books in preparation for the day and that’s when I hear the shower run from inside the bathroom. It was nobody other than Draco, of course. I then thought to myself how strange this was for Draco to be up so early, I usually never notice him come down the Great Hall at least ten minutes before Breakfast ends. Hearing the very sound of the shower brought back memories of yesterday morning after Draco decided to join me in the shower. The experience made me both cringe and feel a small bit of excitement at the same time. But still, the git should have asked me first. And that’s when a very devious idea popped into my head. I walked towards the bathroom door and I open it, hesitant at first. I step into the steam filled room and I clear my throat. He better not get too angry over this.

“Hermione is that you?” Draco calls out and he pops his head outside the shower curtain, covering most of his body except for his chest. A smile full of pride appears on his face. “Back for round two I see.”

I grin. “Oh Draco, you are so wrong.”

Before he can respond I walk towards the toilet holding eye contact with him at all times, he frowns in confusion at first until he snaps into realization of what I am about to do.

“Hermione… don’t you dare…. Don’t flush… no…. Aaaaahhhhh.”

Draco lets out a startled yelp and curses words that my parents had forbid me from using, he said a few others that I didn’t recognise. I crossed my arms as I watched the increasing steam rise from the top of the shower, my laughter was uncontrollable.

“You are an evil witch Hermione Granger.” Draco whimpers. He brings his head out again looking all flustered and red in the face from the sudden temperature change. “You really should have been chosen for Slytherin, you know.”