Love Lockdown

This chapter contains a small bit of mature content, so be warned.  Enjoy! X

______________________________

Hermione POV

"Uh... Draco you can go ahead of me if you want." I say as I abruptly stopped in my tracks after I came to a sudden realization. I had forgotten about something.

He clutches my hand tighter as if I were about to sprint away at any second. "Is everything okay?"

I smiled at him. "Yes, everything is fine. I just remembered that I told Harry I would stop by and see him and Ginny in the Gryffindor common room."

Draco groans and pulls me in closer to him. He brushes his lips ever so softly on my cheek, my legs turning to jelly. "Can't it wait? You've only been discharged for all of ten minutes."

"I promise it won't take long." I tell him before I kiss him on the cheek, catching him by surprise. "I just want to see them before today ends. And I haven't spoken to Ginny yet since... you know."

Draco sighs and I could see the hint of disappointment in his eyes. "Well I guess I can't convince you not to see your friends."

"No you can't," I giggled. "But it really won't take that long. Wait for me back at our room okay?"

"Fine," He smirks. "I'll do my best to be patient for once."

"Good."

Draco pulls me in once again and I allow his lips to linger on mine for a few moments. This was a strange feeling because I never kissed anyone, let alone Draco, in the school corridors before. But right now there were very few people around; most would have made it back to their dorms by now I presume. Draco steps back and gives me a proud smile. "I'll see you later then."

"You will," I smiled back. "Bye."

I turn my back on Draco and I begin to walk at a steady pace in the direction of the Gryffindor common room. I was aware of how nervous I felt and it was like each step I took increased those feelings. I knew I couldn't keep my relationship with Draco a secret, as convenient as it may be, I can't lie to my friends in risk of losing their friendship and trust. Ginny and Harry will be more supportive, I knew they would be. But Ron was a different story. I dreaded whatever was going to happen next.

Harry and Ginny spotted me straight away once I entered the Common Room. Ginny leaps out from where she sat and smothered me in her arms while squalling in excitement.

I laughed, but it sounded strange considering I had a mouthful of her hair. "Relax Ginny, it's not like you haven't seen me in a decade or anything."

"Oh shut that smart mouth," she responds as she locks her arms around me even tighter. "I'm bloody happy you're safe and well. I missed you, a lot."

"Yes me too.... Alright I genuinely can't breathe now."

"Oh right, sorry," She grins releasing me from her grip. Ginny looked beautiful tonight. Her straight red hair hung over her shoulders and her cheeks were doll-like with pink blush. I haven't seen my own reflection yet but I knew I probably looked sickly and pale.

"Good to see you're on your feet again Hermione." Harry says as he emerges from behind Ginny. "And I'm glad you came."

"It does feel good." I tell him before I begin to observe my surroundings. There weren't many people in here tonight; there was maybe about two groups of friends chattering. "Where's Ron?"

Harry gestures towards the top of the room to where Ron sat in the armchair in front of the fire. He was seemingly mesmerized as he stared into the flaring orange flames, not taking any notice of the world around him.