CHAPTER 30

It was unusually noisy that Friday morning as the students shuffled around, trying to get their assignments completed before it was time for the assembly. Mitchel, who was among the few people that had already done their assignment and was not part of the struggle, rested on his desk with his head down.

"Mitchel," a soft, feminine voice called out and for some stupid reason, he thought it was Jazz calling him so he whipped his head up immediately only to regret doing so on sighting Ella.

"Oh no, no no no," he muttered as he contemplated running for his dear life.

Ella briskly walked towards him, a bright smile on her face, like she was about to receive a prize or something. As she got closer, he groaned so that she could know that he wasn't in the mood and say whatever she wanted to say quickly and leave him alone.

"Good morning," she greeted him with a smile as she eyed him. Mitchel rolled his eyes and forced a smile.

"Good morning, Ella."

Her face became serious as she put a hand on his shoulder. "I need to tell you something," she informed him.

Mitchel furrowed his brows. This was the first time she was coming to talk to him about something other than her love for him. It worried him. "Hope all is well?"

"Absolutely not. I know that you like Jazz a lot, I mean, everyone in our class knows that. And I know that you all think she likes you too but I'm afraid she doesn't, she doesn't like you at all." When Ella was done speaking, Mitchel frowned deeply.

"What are you talking about? It's too early in the morning, Ella, please."

"I'm telling you the truth, I heard her say it herself," Ella supplied and Mitchel pushed her hand away from his shoulder.

"And you expect me to believe you?" Mitchel asked mockingly.

"Oh come on, I'm telling you I heard it from the horse's mouth and you're still doubting me. I overheard her talking to her friends about it and they were even warning her to stop it but being the sly fox she is, she justs thinks it's fun to play with someone's emotions. Can't you see, she's been playing you all this time. I think you need to stay away from that girl, this thing that you have with her is not healthy for you."

Mitchel looked like he was deep in thought for a few moments before looking back at Ella.

"I'm sorry, but I can't believe what you're saying to me, I just can't. I love and trust Jazz too much to just believe any nonsense that someone says about her, especially if that someone is you, Ella. I know how much you hate her, but it's the opposite for me and nothing can change that," Mitchel replied and rested his head on his arms that were folded on his desk.

"Mitchel you have to believe me, I'm not lying, I would never lie to you. You know how much I love you, I only want the best for you," Ella pleaded but Mitchel ignored her.

The assembly bell rang and some students that weren't done with their assignment groaned while Mitchel got up from his seat.

"Mitchel please listen to me," Ella continued to beg.

"I'm just going to pretend we didn't have this conversation, okay," Mitchel said to her and left the class.

* * *

It was the first period after assembly and the science students happily waited in their seats for the teacher to arrive. Some had formed chat groups and started gisting among themselves. Ronke busied herself with staring at Divine who was seated at the front of the class. Divine always sat at the back of the class and because she wanted to talk to him as Jazz advised, she went to sit at the back but Divine had picked up his books and went straight to the front.