CHAPTER 37

"Did you hear what happened between Jazz and Ella?" Zainab asked Mitchel as she occupied the empty space beside him, gingerly placing her food on the table. Mitchel sighed indifferently. Whatever happened between them would be nothing new, they had been literally fighting like cats and dogs ever since Jazz started attending the school.

"What happened this time?"

"Jazz pushed Ella down the stairs and is currently facing judgement in Mrs. William's office. I heard Ella was seriously injured and had to be taken to the sick bay."

Mitchel stopped eating and so did Osas, who was sitting opposite him.

"Jazz would never intentionally push someone down the stairs," Mitchel thought aloud.

"Seems like you don't know her as well as you think."

"When did all this even happen? Was it not just about fifteen minutes ago that we closed from school."

"I heard that it happened when they were on their way to the cafeteria for dinner."

"Who did you hear this from?" Mitchel inquired, getting up from his seat.

"One of the girls on the same block with them. She claimed that she was at the foot of the stairs when Ella fell so she thought Ella tripped and fell or something. But when Titi accused Jazz of pushing Ella, she ran to inform Mrs K."

"Where are you going?" Zainab eyed him.

"I'm coming," he simply said and left the cafeteria.

"I wish someone can love me the way Mitchel loves Jazz," Osas mused, causing Zainab to snort.

"You are looking for someone to love you when you are not even fine," she mocked and Osas glared angrily at her.

"Just because you are the head girl doesn't give you the right to insult me."

"I'm sorry if you feel like I'm insulting you, it was not my intention to," she apologised with a teasing hint in her voice. Osas scowled at her then continued eating his food.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Mitchel found Kelechi, Ronke and Titi in front of the principal's office. They were waiting for their friends to come out so they could know what the final verdict was. Kelechi rubbed her hands together nervously as she paced about while Ronke and Titi just snarled at each other. He approached Kelechi as she was the most reasonable person he could ask for an explanation. He knew that Ronke and Titi would add sugar and spice to the story.

Kelechi explained all that happened to him and he stood arms akimbo, staring at the door to the principal's office.

"Are you happy now? Your girlfriend almost maimed my bestie," Titi complained when she saw Mitchel.

"She's not my—" Mitchel started to say but Ronke cut him off.

"She should have maimed her sef, because the only thing your so-called bestie uses her legs to do is to look for trouble," she snapped.

"I wasn't talking to you, loud mouth!" Titi retorted, glancing over Mitchel's shoulder to glare at her.

"Who are you calling loud mouth? Look at this little lamb that follows Ella everywhere she goes."

"Ronke, it's okay, she's just trying to spite you," Kelechi tried to reason with her.

"No, she must finish what she started."

"I didn't start anything," Titi defended.

"Girls, it's okay, we're in front of the principal's office so we shouldn't be making this much noise," Mitchel pleaded.