CHAPTER 11

"Kel!!" Ronke shouted as she jumped into Kelechi's bed, waking her up.

"Ooohh what is it?" Kelechi asked, a bit irritated.

"Happy birthday!!" Ronke shouted again and hugged her best friend.

Kelechi sat up instantly and rubbed her eyes. "Oh my god Ronke, I almost forgot! Thank you," Kelechi said and hugged her back.

"It's your birthday! Birthday girl!!" Ronke continued to shout, waking up her other roommates.

"Keep it down, would ya." Jazz groaned and tried to go back to sleep.

"Sorry," Ronke apologized. "Are you not going to wish Kel?" She asked, grinning.

"What?" Jazz asked and furrowed her brows, trying to understand what Ronke was talking about.

"I can't believe you forgot it's Kel's birthday today, I told you this two days ago." Ronke frowned slightly.

"Happy birthday," Jazz said curtly and fell back on her bed, rolling over trying to get comfy in the bed.

"Thank you?" Kelechi replied.

***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***

"Happy birthday Kelechi!!" Kelechi cupped her face with her hands, surprised by her classmates' gesture. Some of them went over to hug her while some just clapped and cheered.

"Happy birthday to the best class rep anyone can ask for," Princess said and wrapped her chubby hands around Kelechi.

"Thank you so much guys, I'm touched," Kelechi managed to say and Princess released her from the bear hug.

"You're welcome," Abu said. "So where the party at?" He asked with an amused expression on his face.

"You know there is no party so stop harassing the girl." Everyone turned to the door to look at Ella who just came in.

"By the way, happy birthday," Ella said and hugged Kelechi. Her crew did the same and Kelechi couldn't stop herself from flinching at their public show of affection. Jazz just sneered at them when they looked at her.

"Uh thank you," Kelechi replied.

"Kelechi, I can't believe you're not going to throw a party for your sixteenth birthday," Abu said.

"You're expecting too much from her," Jazz said and everyone laughed.

"Hey, stop talking like I'm a nun." Kelechi pouted.

"So there's a party?" Abu asked excitedly and everyone stared at Kelechi, awaiting her reply. It would be total chaos if she said yes because she's, well, Kelechi, but they were eager to hear her answer.

"Geez you guys should stop it, you're making me uncomfortable," She said and went to her seat. "There is no party because we are not allowed to throw parties on school grounds in case it wasn't obvious to you people," She added.

"That is why I love Ronke, she would definitely find a way to celebrate if it were her birthday," Samuel, the assistant class rep, said and everyone gave him weird looks. Didn't he know Ronke was taken? Or was he trying to get beaten up?

"I don't love her in that way," he quickly added. "I meant that... Oh nevermind," He said and went to his seat beside Kelechi to avoid the stares from his classmates.

"Kelechi you are lucky that you have Ronke and Jazz as your roommates, your birthday is going to be lit," Abu whispered to Kelechi and she chuckled at his silly remark. Well, it wasn't so silly because he was right about it though.