CHAPTER 2

There were five beds in the room, with Jazz's bed closest to the window. Three girls were in the room with her. Jazz got up from her bed and started to unpack her things. She brought out her phone and walked around searching for signal. "Damn it! There's no signal here," She said.

"How come you're with a phone, didn't they search you when you came?" A tall girl with short braided hair asked her.

"Nope."

"Well phones are not allowed here so make sure you hide it where no one can see it because if you're caught with it, it'll get confiscated and you won't get it back until the end of the term."

"How am I supposed to call my bestie?"

"You can call her during the weekend so you can go outside where there's signal," The girl replied and Jazz reluctantly kept her phone back in her suitcase.

"By the way, my name is Kelechi. That's Amarachi and that's Fatima." Kelechi gestured towards the other two girls who smiled and waved.

"Hello," They said.

"Hi, I'm Jazz."

"We know." Kelechi laughed. "I'm so glad we're roommates, everyone would like to come to our room now. Ever since we heard that an American girl was coming to our school, it seemed to be the trending topic."

Jazz giggled and was about to say something when the bell rang. Amarachi and Fatima waved them goodbye as they left the room with their books.

Another girl came into the room and hopped to her bed.

"Kel let's go, it's time for dinner," The girl said.

"Jazz, this is Ronke, she's our roommate and my best friend."

"Hello." She grinned at Jazz.

"It's time for dinner, let's go Jazz," Kelechi said.

"I'm not hungry," Jazz stated.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm not hungry," Jazz repeated.

"If you say so. We have evening prep after dinner so we'll see you later okay," Kelechi said as she left the room with Ronke.

Jazz groaned and fell face first on her bed.

* * *

"Wake up Jazz, wake up!" Kelechi called and Jazz slowly opened her eyes.

"What now?" Jazz asked sleepily.

"You've been sleeping since yesterday and I didn't want to disturb your sleep but you have to wake up now so we won't be late for the assembly," Kelechi said without missing a beat and continued to rock Jazz.

Jazz lazily got up from her bed and Kelechi quickly started to make the bed for her. "You have to make your bed whenever you wake up, it's a rule. If you don't, you'll get in trouble with the dorm captain," Kelechi said to her.

A girl then walked into the room and paced around inspecting the beds, she got to two unmade beds and shouted at the owners of the beds. Amarachi and Fatima hurriedly made their beds at her command.

"Ugh, who is she?" Jazz asked sleepily.

"Somto, she's the dorm captain."

"Why is she yelling so much?"

"They didn't make their beds," Kelechi replied.

She passed Kelechi and Ronke's beds and stopped when she got to Jazz whose bed was already made.