CHAPTER 4

"You finally decided to put on your uniform," Ronke said as Jazz stepped out in the school uniform; White shirt, a red tie, burgundy blazer with the school logo imprinted on it, gray vest and matching skirt.

"Hmm, it doesn't look bad on you," Kelechi commented.

"Nothing looks bad on me," Jazz said as they went to class.

After the assembly, Ella walked up to Jazz with a smirk.

"Now you look like a student of this school, very good. But you will also have to get rid of the heels," She said.

"I would like to get rid of your teeth with my heels," Jazz said, folding up the sleeves of her blazer.

"You think I'm scared of you?" Ella said and walked away rather too quickly.

"She's definitely scared of you." Kelechi laughed.

They entered their classroom and it was even more noisy than it usually was. Apparently, the boys were talking about a football match they watched the previous night and were being too loud. Several girls rolled their eyes at them while some just went on with what they were doing.

Abu was the only boy who wasn't talking football, he was with a group of girls, cracking jokes and making funny gestures, making them laugh.

Kelechi tried to calm the boys down and even pleaded with them to reduce their voices but they just carried on.

"That's it! I'm going to call a teacher," She said as she headed for the door.

"Wait, if you report them to a teacher you're going to look like a snitch," Princess said, stopping her.

"So what do you want me to do? If a teacher comes in now, I'm going to be punished cause I'm the class rep and I'm supposed to keep the class in order."

"It's better you wait for a teacher to come then you can tell them who the noisemakers are."

"Even Samuel is making noise with them, I wonder what kind of an assistant he is," Kelechi said as she sat down.

"I got this," Jazz said as she climbed the top of a desk and screamed. Her voice drowned the noise, it was even loud enough for the whole school to hear, some people had to cover their ears.

"Hey you!" She yelled, pointing at the group of boys who were the source of the noise. "Could you please discuss your soccer game a little more quietly?! If you don't keep it down then I'm gonna have to make you!"

"Oh my god Jazz please come down," Kelechi pleaded but Jazz ignored her.

The class was suddenly quiet as everyone stared at Jazz. A teacher then entered the class, a look of worry on his face.

"What is going on here? Is everything okay?" He asked, searching their faces.

"Everything is fine sir," Kelechi replied.

His worried expression soon turned to one of surprise when he saw Jazz who was still on the desk. "And what are you doing up there?" He asked.

"I was just tryna keep the class in order." Jazz smiled as she came down.

"Everybody go to your seats," He ordered and they all hurried to their seats.

"Good morning sir," They greeted.

"So since I entered your class, it's now you're greeting me," He said.

He kept his textbook and Bible on the teacher's desk and wrote the date and subject on the board: Christian Religious Studies.