CHAPTER 26

"How are you feeling now, Jazz?" Mrs William asked when Jazz had settled down in one of the chairs in front of her desk.

"Never been worse," Jazz replied dryly. "I don't feel good at all and the nurse has even said that I'm very stressed and need proper rest so I would really appreciate it if you would let me go home next week."

Mrs William stared blankly at Jazz and for a moment, Jazz thought she wouldn't respond. "So you're not feeling well, is that what you're saying?" Mrs William asked and Jazz nodded.

"When I heard that you fainted at the cafeteria, I genuinely felt scared, I thought you had fallen sick," Mrs William said and Jazz looked at her with a raised brow, trying to figure out what the woman was trying to insinuate.

"But I'm beginning to think that you purposely fainted because you didn't want to take part in the competition," Mrs William added and Jazz's eyes widened as she stared back at her in shock.

"Why would you think that? You know I would've loved to participate in the competition but my health is at risk here and I don't wanna take that risk, it's too risky," Jazz said.

"If I didn't know you better I would've believed what you just told me," Mrs William said.

"What do you mean?"

"I phoned your father after I found out that you fainted and he told me to pay you no mind because you were doing this on purpose."

'What is wrong with my dad?' Jazz asked herself.

"Anyway, your parents are convinced that your fainting was all an act and that you're perfectly fine and I have to agree with them because you're looking as healthy as ever, you don't even look a little bit stressed, you're literally glowing."

"I really am not feeling well, you have to believe me."

"I don't know if I should believe you after that little stunt you pulled the day you were writing your admission exam. You showed me that you can do anything to make sure you don't get what you don't want."

"Sure I can do anything but trust me, not this time. Please let me go home and have some liberty from this school," Jazz pleaded.

"Your father has insisted that you participate in the competition," Mrs William stated.

"What?" Jazz asked incredulously.

"Do you wish to talk to your parents about this?"

"No, they're the ones who don't want me home anyway so why would I wish to talk to them? They're probably not gonna listen to me so there's no point," Jazz replied.

"You do know that if they don't come to pick you or send someone to pick you, you'll have to stay back," Mrs William told her.

"Whatever. If they want me to stay, then fine, I'll stay. But I don't want them crying over me when something happens to me in the process."

Mrs William stared confusedly at Jazz who smiled sweetly at her before getting up. "I would like to take my leave now because I'm not in a good mood and would love to stuff my face with a pillow," Jazz deadpanned.

"You may leave," Mrs William said but Jazz had already started walking out of the office.

As soon as the door shut after her, Mrs William sighed deeply.

* * *

"Hey," Mitchel said when Jazz came out of the office. He got off from the wall he was leaning on and frowned when he noticed her sombre expression. "She didn't let you go home?" Jazz nodded in response to his question.