Chapter 28

Lucy POV

Restlessly, I lie in bed, starring at the dark ceiling. I can feel that Feitan is still awake as well, even though he has turned his back on me. 'Yeez, just fall asleep already!', I scream in my head in frustration. If I'm gonna escape, it definitely has to be tonight. I cant wait any longer.

Sighting, quietly, I roll to the side, facing the plain wall now. "What's wrong?", I can hear a well known voice murmuring behind me. A moment later, I can feel a gentle touch on my waist. The warm feeling that instantly starts to spread in my chest makes me smile. Seriously, I will miss his touch. I cant remeber to feel that safe in someones arms like that ever before.

'Cut, it out! What are you thinking?'

"It's nothing", I reply instead, trying to hide the slight shivering in my voice. 'I wont miss you, I wont miss you.' - "Hey, about what I said before...", Feitan pauses for a moment, before he hestitantly continues. "I'm sorry." For a moment I catch my breath. Who would have thought that this guy would be able to apologize? And I can feel, that he actually means it.

„Hmm? About what, exactly?", I reply with a playfull tone. "You said a ton of rude things, so I'm not really sure which one you're refering to." I can hear a quiet growl behind my back, but instead of his usual counters he mumbles: "You know, about you being my property and stuff." Dumbfunded I stare at the wall infront of me, unable to say something.

Don't make this so hard for me, idiot.'

I didnt mean to hurt you, but I meant what I said. I wan't you by my side. And therefore I wont let you go. Ever." Hearing those word, I can feel I slight pain in my heart. I quicly swallow the lump that had formed in my throat and fake a chuckle instead. "Are you an idiot or something? You can not decide about other peoples lives like that" - "Shut the fuck up, you're anoying", Feitan growls quietly and turns his back to me once again.

'I will miss you, I really will...'

When I finally hear Feitan's breath calming down behind me, I crawl out of bed quietly. Carefully, not to wake him up, I sneak through the room, keeping my Nen down as much as possible. After putting on my pants and my hoodie, I quietly approach his dresser and open the top drawer. With a wide grin, I reach for my phone. 'You should hide this things more carefully, idiot', I quietly chuckle, as I put the device into the back pocket of my pants.

After placing a short letter next to Feitan, I finally decide, that it's time to leave. Still, I hesitate for a moment. Will it really be alright to leave just like that? But staying, is not a choice, either, right? 'That's right, I cant stay,' I recall myself and step out in the heavy rain. After a few seconds I am completely soaked. Again, I hesitate for a second, and look back over my shoulder. Did I really make the right choice?

Trying to come to my senses, I violently shake my head. 'This is the only way. Move your feet, Lucy.'
Slowly, I start walking towards the old iron bridge, still paying attention to keep my Nen down, but as soon, as I reach it, I start running. I wonder if i should risk going back to the hotel to get my stuff. I need to get out of this city as fast as possible, if I don't want to be captured again. If Feitan wakes up and finds my letter, the hotel would probably be the first place he would look for me. Anyway, since my laptop and all of my papers are still in this room, I decide to take the risk. It will only take a few minutes and there is a train station right in front of it. If I take the next train heading south ways, I should be home within a day.

'Wait for me Chrollo, I will definitely pay my debt...'