Chapter 37

Liz POV

The train stopped with a high-pitched whistle. Throwing my travel bag casually over my shoulder, I step outside and look around. This stop really was in the middle of nowhere. Except for a small ticket Office that looked like it had been unmanned for decades, there was nothing to see but tall trees. Did I get out at the wrong stop? I pull my cell phone out of my pocket and check it. The address Lucy gave me is about half a mile in north of this place.

'A secret hideout in the middle of the forest, how exciting' it flashes through my head as I set off with determined steps. It's been about a day and a half since I left my dad a letter on the kitchen table and followed Lucy. Someone had to take care of her, but that was only half the story. In fact, I longed for adventure and excitement and maybe a hot romance with an infamus criminal.

I had never fit into the scheme X, my art studies and my constantly changing relationships are the best proof of that. The thought of having a 7-5 office job makes me shudder. I was always on the lookout for excitement and fun, and even as a child I had only had mischief on my mind. Far too often I had dragged Lucy into my nonsense, who had always been the more reliable of us. Just running away like she did wasn't really typical for her, but I liked the sudden change of her attitude.

I soon find myself on a narrow gravel road, surrounded by tall, mighty fir trees. The forest is so dense that almost no sunlight shines through and everything is wrapped in an eerie light. Instead of fear, I am filled with tingling excitement, my eyes glitter with enthusiasm for what would be waiting for me at the end of the path.

Soon the trees are becomming thinner and I find myself in a bright clearing, right in front of an imposing old villa. 'How cool,' it shoots through my head as I stand in front of the mighty antique wooden door. A metal door knocker adorns it and I put on my wildest smile before I knock three times vigorously.

'Time for a new Adventure...'

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Alright, here is another short chapter for you guys, because I just realized that were being #1 under the #chrollo today 🥺

Thank you so much for your support guys, that means so much to me. 🥰

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the little chapter. Thank you all for reading my story.