Chapter 32

Lucy POV

Sobbing quietly, I rush through the streets to go back home. Why doesn't anything go the way I planned? Yet, I am beyond happy that Feitan came to get me back. And I am determined to go back with him, I won't let him down. I've already decided. I want to get strong enough to be a help for the troupe and I am gonna stay with them until we found Chrollo and heal him from the Nen curse the Chain User imposed on him.

Well it's not like I have much of a choice anyway. Even if I would have decided to stay at home and live my life as before, Feitan would definitely force me to come with him anyway.

But even though I am still mad, I want to make up things with Rick as well before I leave.

Hesitantly I knock at the door, which is torn open a second later. Surprised I notice that it's neither Rick nor Liz, whom opened the door, but my older foster brother Luke. „Ehhhh, what are you doing here, I thought you were in Cambridge?", I call out in surpise. Luke is studying medicine in his last semester at Harvard university and usually only comes home on semester break. „Huhhh? How can I not come home when my stupid brat sister has gone missing?", he cries out, ruffling my hair and pulling me inside, where Liz and Rick are already waiting.

Liz older brother is totally different from her. While she has inherited her mother's looks, Luke resembles his father more. His caramel brown hair is slightly curly and his long bangs are almost covering his hazel eyes completely. I've always looked up to him since ever I was little, and I couldn't have wished for a better brother than him.

Now, I push myself past his shielding body, nervous about what to expect in the living room. But Rick seems to have calmed down. He's sitting on the brown leather couch, his arms crossed and his eyes closed. Now that I take a closer look at him, I can see how tired he is. Dark circles can be seen under his eyes, as if he hadn't slept in days and his normally smoothly shaved face now has an unkempt three-day beard. 'He must have been really worried', I think, suddenly feeling guilty about my selfish behavior.

"Woahhh, this coat-" Liz suddenly calls out, her green eyes wide open. I totally forgot that I was still  wearing Feitans black coat. "Don't tell me...!" - "Yeah", I answer with a slight smile. "Feitan came to pick me up." Unable to hide her upcoming excitement, Liz jumps up from the sofa and claps her hands. I bet Feitan can hear her squealing three blocks away.

Now I'm looking directly at Rick, who has got up and is slowly walking towards me. He gently puts his hands on my shoulders and looks into my eyes. "Lucy, you are old enough to make your own decisions. If you want to leave I won't stop you. I just want you to know one thing: no matter what, we will always be your family and you will always have a home here. I love you just as much as my own children, you know that, right?"

Tears are swelling up in my eyes again, as I listen to his words. I slowly nod, unable to say something. "Kya, Lucy is going to run away with a hot bad boy", Liz calls out, presumably to lighten the mood. Successfully, since both of us, Rick and I can't hold back our laughter anymore. "Liz, you are really dumb, do you know that?" I cry our between my huffed laughs. "But you love me", she declares with a bright smile. "Yes, I do. I love you guys" I answer honestly, and wipe away the tears from my eyes.

"Just promise me to take care", Luke throws in, his hazel eyes showing his concern. I bet he would preferably tie me up and lock me in the basement. He's always been like that. Even when we were little, he always kept an eye on Liz and me and it was not easy for him to leave us for college four years ago.

After packing up a small bag the time has finally come to say good bye to my family. "I will definitely come back home safe" I promise Rick, while I hug him. "You better do", Luke demands, before pulling me into a tight embrace as well. "Wait for me, I'll be coming soon. I can't leave all the hot bad boys to yourself" Liz whispers in my ear, unable for the other two to hear. Then she winks at me, before I step out into the cold night.

'See you soon' I silently mouth to her, before disappearing into the darkness.