Chapter 21

Lucy POV

Nervously, I walk up and down through the old fabric hall. It's already been more than an hour, since the others left, and somehow I'm feeling restless. I don't know who that „Chain Guy" is exactly, but he seems to be dangerous and has a serious grudge against the troupe. Plus, he works for the mafia, which somehow is making him my enemy too.

The air of the room is filled with tension. Feitan is sitting on a rock, right next to me his head resting on his hands, while his feet are nervously tapping. Even though, I'm not sure if he's worried about his friends wellbeing of if he's just bored of sitting around, he is clearly annoyed.

Shalnark and Phinks are sitting on the ground, playing some card game, but I can tell from their muttered voices, that they are just as tensed up as I am. Only Hisoka, who is sitting on a a high windows sill, looking out through the dirty glass seems to be completely unbothered by the situation.

„If you don't want me to fucking handcuff you, sit the fuck down," Feitan suddenly yells at me, as I walk past him for the fifth time in a row. When I don't stop right away, he grabs my arm and pulls me jerkily towards him. I stumble backwards uncontrollably, which is causing me to land onto his lap.

"Let me go!" I call out in frustration, when I can't free myself from his thight grip. Shit. Why's that guy so strong, god damit? „Shut the fuck up, you're anoying," he mumbles with a monotone voice, while burring his face on my neck. I immediately freeze, when I can feel his hot breath brushing down my neck. But somehow, the warmth of his body feels comforting.

„Stop harassing her! I'm serious," Shalnark, who suddenly appeared right in front of us, cuts in, while freeing me out of Feitans tight grip.

„Stay out of this," Feitan yells at him, clearly mad about his interference. „I was the one to catch her. She's mine!" Smack. The sound of my flat hand, slapping across Feitans face echoes through the fabric hall. Suddenly everything wents quiet. „I. Am. Not. Your. Fucking. Property!" I angrily hiss through clenched teeth.

This guy is unbelievable! How could I ever think that he'd be nice to me, without expecting anything in return. Did I really think, he gave me the bracelet back out of what? Charity? Or that he actually liked me? Suddenly, I feel like an idiot. Am I really stupid enough to fall for a guy like that once again?

I am just a toy for him, just as I was for Alex.
Foaming with anger at his comment, I glare hat the black haired male, while he looks up to me, dumbfounded. He's obviously surprised of my sudden outburst and probably never expected me to have the guts to hit him like that.

If he hadn't been caught off guard by my sudden attack, he would've probably killed me already.
When he doesn't say something, I clench my hands into fists, ready to hit him again, but Shalnark is pulling me back.

„Alright Lucy, calm down, he probably didn't mean it like that." He let's out a nervous laugh, while carefully pulling me back, as if I'm a dangerous animal.

„I am nobodies property," I am repeat stubbornly, while piercing my eyes into Feitans. „I am not a goddamn thing." Tears are now swelling up in my eyes, but I swallow them. I'm not gonna cry again.

„Gosh, how hot-blooded you are," Hisoka suddenly intervenes, laughing. "I like that. If that shrimp annoys you, my arms are always open to you," he adds with a smirk. Okay, that's it. I've had enough.
In a flash, I free myself from Shalnarks hand and storm towards Hisoka, who still smiling at me smugly.

I'm gonna show that guy how hot-blooded I really am.'

I raise my hand, to hit him, but suddenly I was stopped, a few inches away from his annoying smirk.
„I always knew you had a thing for me, but that was faster than expected," he snickers, while placing his hand on my cheek. I want to fight back, but I am unable to move. It's like I am tied down in invisible chains. What kind of Nen ability is that?

With a single movement of his finger, he pulls me closer to him. Panicking, I try to free myself, but fail miserably.

He sticks his long fingers out at me, and is just about to touch my chest, when a sword cuts through the air at lightning speed and I fall to the ground, roughly.
When I look up, I can see Feitans back in front of me. He threatens Hisoka with his sword, ready to cut his head off.

„Touch her again, and I'll kill you. You disgusting..." - „Shut the fuck up, all of you!" Phinks suddenly yells, holding up his ringing phone. „It's the boss." Instantly everyone in the room turns silent, while Phinks accepts the call. „Boss?"