Chapter 12

Lucy POV

„I forgive you, for stealing from us, since I understand your reasons to do it", Chrollo declares, after I explained to him what happened, and assured him, I'd never cause them trouble again. He was a good looking, tall guy, dressed in a dark pair of pants, and an open coat, showing off his well trained upper body. His black hair is styled backwards, reveling a cross shaped tattoo on his forehead.

„I'll let you go but I have one request." he continues, looking deep into my eyes. „Since you seem to be very capable of stealing, I want you to help us out on the last auction next week. After that you are free to go."

„What?" Feitan and I both call out at the same time. „That brat is totally useless, and besides we can't trust her!" he yells angrily, glaring at his boss. Even though, I seriously don't want to help those guys committing another crime, especially alter the massacre they did on the auctions, his angry statement causes me snap. So I yell out something, I already regret the next second: „Listen, Shrimp! I was raised in an assassin family and I am very capable of what ever you need me to do!"

'Shit! I just literally dug my own grave...'

„I don't like using violence, tho," I'm trying to save my stupid ass right away. „Also, I was never really trained as an assassin really long, since my parents died when I was really young. I'm just an average college girl," I add, looking up at Chrollo, hoping for him to accept my excuse. „Useless, like I said..." i hear Feitan mutter, but I decide to ignore him this time.

„Well, it is decided then", Chrollo declares, holding out his hand to me. „You're joining us."
Hesitantly, I take his hand and shake it. His handshake is firm, signaling me that I'm nor in the position to decline.

I hear the troupe members murmur behind me, which shows me that they are probably just as little enthusiastic about this idea as I am.
But Shalnark quickly places his hand on my shoulder, signaling me with a smile, that he is happy about it.

"Well, I guess today you have no choice than joining me for dinner than," I hear a chuckle behind me.
Hisoka pulls me away from Shalnark, putting his arm around my waist. I try to move away from him but he's only ending up pulling me closer.

"For fucks sake, leave her alone, Hisoka," the pink haired girl shouts at him, throwing a stone at his direction. He finally lets go of me, winking at me before going ahead.
"Be careful around him," The girl says while walking up to me. "He's hell of a flirt, but also a serious psychopath. I'm Machi, by the way."