Chapter 30

Lucy POV

'Well, I can't just enter through the front door, and pretend like nothing happened.', I quietly mumble to myself, clenching my fist with the key in it until it hurts. It's already long after midnight and I've been standing in front of our door for quite a while now, unable to bring myself to enter.

Quite understandable, since Rick is definitely going kill me and torture me with questions for the rest of the night. And I am not ready for this kind of conversation right now.

So I finally decide to climb up the wall at the backside of our house until I reach Liz window. I knock on it quietly, hoping to be able to wake her up, without making Rick notice. Thankfully, she wakes up quite fast, considering she is usually a really heavy sleeper. The red haired girl opens her window with a confused look on her face, only dressed in shorts and a white shirt.

"Lucy!" She calls out after finally realizing who had just jumped into her room. "Where the hell have you been? We were death worried about you, and when you stopped texting back, I seriously thought you died!" She cries out, her green eyes filled with concern.

"Shhh, shut the fuck up!" I half whisper, half yell at her. "Do you think I climbed through your window for fun?"
My foster sister immediately pulls me into a thigh hug. The familiar scent of her perfume instantly makes me feel like home. I smile a bit, noticing how much I've missed her. "Calm down. I'm here and I'm fine", I whisper gently, hugging her back.
Suddenly she pushes me back, her green eyes showing nothing but pure excitement.

"Tell me everything."

"Woah, that's so cool," Liz interrupts my story, right after I told her how I followed Hisoka into their hide out. Thinking about it now, it was a miracle that he didn't notice me back then. Or maybe he did and just decided to let me. After all he is a crazy freak. „You infiltrated the most infamous thieves guild. You're like a secret agent or something." Well, that's not exactly how it happened. „I ended up being captured by them, so much about being cool", I chuckle sheepishly, before continuing my story.

"So what's his name?" Liz suddenly asks after a while with a cheeky grin on her face. „Excuse me?", I ask unable to tell who she's referring to. „Come on, I'm your best friend, I can feel that there is somebody you like"

Suddenly Feitans Face comes rushing though my mind. The way his pitch black eyes used to pierce me. His well trained body. His deep voice, that used to run shivers though my spine.

„I don't like him," I declare, while I feel my face growing hot and red. What the fuck am I thinking?
„So you thought about a certain someone", Liz chuckles, proud that she was able to trick me. „What's his name?" - „F-Feitan", I stumble. „But I don't like him. He's totally not my type. He is super small, almost like a child even though he's older than me. And he can be super rude, he even hurt me." I state, fumbling with the bandages on my wrists. „But even though he's so small, he has a well trained body. And a really handsome face. And sometimes he's totally different with me, gentle and caring, he even gave me my bracelet back", I admit, blushing slightly. "I don't know what's wrong with me, somehow I even think that he's hot when he's rude. And somehow it's also fun to squabble with him. And when he touches me, my heart beats like crazy" -. „Shit you Are madly in love with him" - „No I'm not, he's a douche."

„Oh my gosh, I'm sure you two would make such a nice coupe. Like Bonnie and Clyde", Liz announces with excitement in her eyes.
„Are you insane? He's a criminal after all, and I'm a college student. And besides I am never gonna see him again anyway." My last words make a lump form in my throat.
„Unimportant details. I always knew you had bad taste when it comes to guys, but I never thought you'd be into bad guys. No objections, though", my foster sister chuckles. "Anyway, tell me everything, every little detail. How does he look like?"

"Like I said he's pretty small but has a well trained body. He has raven black hair, which is long enough to cover half of his face. And he usualy wears a coat with a high collar which is covering the other half, so that you can only see his eyes. But they are really beautiful. I've never seen such pitch black eyes before."

„Sounds great, and what else? Any tattoos or piercings? He's a bad boy right?" Liz wants to know, with an exited grin.

"Come to think of it, every member of the troupe has a spider tattoo, but I've never seen one on him. I wonder if he has one, too", I recall my memories.

"Uhhhh, I bet it's on a sexy spot", Liz chuckles, her grin going wider.

"You're stupid", I cry out blushing even deeper. I throw a pillow at her, trying to hide my embarrassment. But still, I cant stop to wonder, where his tattoo is.

„Anyway, this is why I decided to help Chrollo. I feel like I owe him after all the trouble I've caused." I finally manage to finish my story, after Liz interrupted me again and again with unnecessary comments. She wanted to know every single minor detail about every troupe member, and I think I described the troupe members looks and characters well enough for her to draw them. Well, she's an art student after all.

"And you think, we'd be able to save him with my Nen ability?" She asks with an unusual earnest look on her face. "I think it'd be worth a shot" I answer her honestly.
Suddenly, she jumps on her feet, clapping her hands in excitement. "Well then lets go. I bet he is a super hot bad boy, I definitely want to meet him," She exclaims, her copper red curls jumping up and down as she jumps around in excitement.

"What do you think you're doing?", our conversation is suddenly interrupted, by a voice coming from the other side of the room. Rick is standing in the doorway, his arms crossed and the expression on his face defiantly telling that he is mad. Well, here goes nothing.

Over half an hour later, we're still sitting in the living room, while I try to sum up the past events as short as possible. Rick is sitting on the couch across from us, his arms resting on his knees, listening silently. But knowing his facial expressions well enough, I can see that he is getting angrier and angrier each second.

"So that's why we decided to help them" Liz suddenly blurts out, right after I finished my story. "Please let us go."

That's when Rick finally loses his temper.

"Have you two lost your mind? You already hurt yourself, Lucy, don't you realize how reckless your actions were? You could've died. I understand that this bracelet is important to you, but you got it back, so there is no reason to get further involved with those scum."
Now, I feel tears swelling up in my eyes. "They are not as bad as you might think", I try to defend my actions, while clenching my fists. Why wont he understand how important this is to me. "You won't go. And that's my final word. And I won't let you drag my daughter into this mess as well."

That hit the spot. The tears that has been swelling up in my eyes are now overflowing. After all this years of living with Rick, he has always made me feel as a part of his family. Even though I never called him dad, he was a father figure to me. Hearing those words out of his mouth hurts me deeply.

"I thought I was your daughter as well", I press out between clenched teeth.. "But If it's like that, there's no reason for me to listen to you. I will go and and you wont stop me. And of you won't allow your daughter to come with me, I will go alone", I yell at him, while storming towards the door.

„Lucy god dammit get back here!" That was probably the first time I ever heard Rick swearing. „I didn't mean it like that"

BAM! I shut the door behind me, leaving Rick and Liz behind. Running through the dark night, I try to sort out my thoughts. It has started to rain again, so after a while I find myself in the middle of the road, drenched and out of breath. I know I should go back, but I need to calm the fuck down, before I say something I will regret later.

„For fucks sake!"

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Guys, you won't believe what happened. Just right after I finally finished this chapter and was actually really happy with how it turned out, my stupid ass actually deleted it. I had to rewrite it all over again 😭

And now I'm not 100% happy with it because it's not exactly the same as it was before LOL.

I hope you still enjoy it. ✌🏻

Also I hope my lazy ass will update again soon, so stay tuned 😊