Chapter 35

Lucy POV

After unpacking my stuff, which didn't take me very long, since I only had packed what I considered as the essentials, I decide to take a shower.
The bathroom is old-fashioned, but freshly cleaned and after a few minutes hot water is finally running out of the shower head. I let out a benevolent sigh as the hot water patters down my back. The last few days I was almost always cold because I was constantly out in the rain and I can't even remember the last time I wore dry and clean clothes.

After I'm done with my feel-good shower, I slip into a pair of tight jeans and a top and throw on a cozy knitted sweater. Finally wrapped up warm and dry, I decide to leave my little kingdom, knocking on Machi's door. When she doesn't answer I decide to go downstairs. I can already hear their rumbling and laughing from the stairwell.

I follow the source of the noise to the right and find myself in a spacious lounge. Machi and Shizuku are sitting next to Shal on the noble leather couch and are lively discussing something with him.
Phinks and Nobunaga are too engrossed in a game of cards to notice my presence. Only Feitan looks up when he notices me coming in and gestures to me sit down next to him with a wave of his hand. He has taken off his black coat and is sitting there only dressed n a casual black shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

With a soft smile on my lips, I make my way through the room to take a seat next to him. Next to him, I immediately feel a sense of security. I don't know why, but here by his side I suddenly feel at home. Sighting quietly, I let my gaze wander through the room.

Franklin, Kortopi and Bonolenov are relatively quiet, as always. To be honest, the latter is pretty scary to me. His body, completely wrapped in bandages, is kind of creepy and he doesn't tend to talk a lot. I'm not even sure he can speak at all.
Shalnark has now discovered me too and comes up to me happily. "Did I promise you too much? The villa is great, isn't it? "He asks, handing me a chilled coke. "Yes, I'm happy to be here.", I answer with a smile and take a sip of my drink.

"Its not like anybody wanted you back anyways." Phinks growls, while sending me one of his death glares. I glare back at him at response. Yeez, I hate this guy. "Come on, don't be like that." Shal laughs. "And I thought Feitan was the rude one", I growl, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Anyway guys, I actually have a request", I hesitantly begin, unsure how to put into words, what my point is. "Oh, so the Princess is back and already tries to demand us?", Phinks growls, before drawing another card.
I let out a quiet sight. Nobody said, this would be easy. "Yeez, shut the fuck up Phinks" Shal sings while sending me the happiest smile he cloud offer. "Just tell me. Whatever it is, I will do it for you." I'm pretty sure, Feitan is trying to kill him with his eyes right now. I lean gently against his shoulder before I decide to just say straight out what I want:" My sister, well my foster sister Liz would like to join us. She might be of help as well."

"Another useless princess like you? Hell no," Phinks is already back at it."Never enough girl power in the crew." Machi calls from the other side of the room, giving me a peace sign. "Is she as pretty as you?" Shal wants to know, a wide grin on his face. Feitan throws an empty can at him, but misses him when he laughs and dodges to the side. "I wouldn't mind another girl in the troupe, either." Shizuku states, shrugging her shoulders. Nobunaga just shrugs his shoulders as well. "I don't care," he comments, before putting his cards down. "Won," he announces, whereupon Phinks sweeps the cards off the table. Franklin just shots a friendly smile at me.

I look up to Feitan, who stayed quiet until now, hoping he would've no objections as well. "Fine, whatever." He growls, when I won't stop looking at him with the best puppy eyes I could offer. "But don't expect us to protect her, when she can't do it herself. One useless brat is enough to handle." I shot him a thankful smile, leaning closer to him, until I almost lay on his lap. With a low grumble he puts his hand on my shoulder.

Smiling happily, I close my eyes, almost immediately falling asleep. I really wish that all days would stay so peaceful from now on.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the new chapter 🤗

Starting on Monday, I will start working again, after 10 weeks of Lockdown here in Germany, so I don't know if I'll be able to keep this regular update schedule.

But I will try to give you new chapters as as often as possible. 📕

Hope to see you soon 🤗