15.

Chapter 15

⋆.:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

THIRD PERSON

05:00

Applejack sprung up from her bed, a wide smile grew on her face as she realized what noise she was awakened by.

It was back. The old alarm that had played so long ago. While the shrieking noises grated her nerves — at that moment, it didn't matter.

Every single death after Applejack met Rarity, right before life tossed their souls back into their rooms to repeat the same day, she had always imagined a scenario like this. Where she'd be back in her real bed, and everything was normal.

Unfortunately, when she visualized scenes in her mind, she knew she was really never present in them. Applejack was merely only able to see the outline of what she longed to view.

But the fact that this was actually happening. She knew that this was real. She could feel the blankets enveloping her, her head on the soft pillow. The real scent of her room filled her lungs, unlike the short images she had created in her mind.

Even though Applejack had just awoken, several thoughts swirled around in her mind, resulting in adrenaline coursing throughout her veins. She cracked a smile. She couldn't believe it was all real.

She pulled her blankets off, revealing a short-sleeved band T-shirt, that Dash had given her, with black leggings. She practically skipped to her alarm to turn it off.

She opened the blinds right next to the alarm, and to her relief, the outside looked normal. Her eyes traced over the farmland with awe. It looked as if everything was never touched with the events that had taken place only a few hours ago.

A sudden dark feeling hit her. Maybe this was just a vision of what could be. When in reality, the universe was still continuously being torn apart. This could be fake, she couldn't let her guard down.

Biting her lip, she looked over to her phone, which sat in its original place. Thoughts trailed through her mind, wondering if the original texts were now there.

Step after step, she walked towards it, remembering the state her phone was in all the other times. As soon as she laid one hand on the screen, it took a few seconds for her to muster up the courage to click the 'on' button. When she did, she let out a quiet, but relieved, giggle. It was back.

Sunset 🥓🌞:

Sunset 🥓🌞: Hey buddy, do you think it's time to see a sex therapist?

03:32

Sunset 🥓🌞: Shit, sorry AJ, Pinkie, and I were on a call. We played a few rounds of truth or dare. She's been silent for five minutes, I think she's finally asleep.

04:20

Everything that she once took for granted was back. Applejack went through her phone, seeing that all of her wallpapers were back to normal.

Nothing was of her parents. Her camera roll wasn't endless photos of her mother, her text messages were what they were before.

"Damn," she spoke, feeling an overwhelming amount of joy fill her.

Applejack could finally live this day with the freedom she hadn't felt in so long. She could finally fall asleep in her own bed, and wake up the next, with a whole life ahead of her. She just had to hope that she wouldn't encounter some stupid event that would result in another death.