10.

Chapter 10

.:・゚ .: *・゚: .

I stared out the window, watching the fast blur of trees pass by. I directed my gaze to the people on the train with us. The subway was an interesting place. A busy place. Tons of people filled the chairs - most consumed themselves in music, others talking amongst themselves.

I turned, looking at the purple-haired girl I was sitting next to. In her hands, she was holding the note Mrs. Cake gave us, reading my parents' address as if her life depended on it.

And I guess in a way it did.

She looked so focused, reading every individual number and word. She had her legs crossed, attempting to take the least amount of space possible. Before we entered the train, she gave me a speech on how disgusting subways were. 'Their icky germs, how hundreds of people were sitting in the exact chair before you — doing God knows what.'

I continued to look around until I couldn't stand it anymore. I was bored and anxious. It didn't feel right remaining silent anymore.

I turned to Rarity, snatching the piece of paper from her. She looked up at me with an offended expression. "I was reading that!"

"Does it really take you that long to memorize an address?"

She heaved a sigh. "No," she simply stated.

And after that response, it felt as if the mood was darkened a bit. "Sugar cube, what's wrong? Ever since Manehattan was mentioned you've been awfully quiet."

"I used to live there."

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue. Sure, I've never moved in my life — but whenever Pinkie talked about going back to the Rock Farm she always seemed excited.

She shook her head. "Applejack, you don't understand. I haven't back ever since. It's just kinda weird to go back after all these years. And when I left Manehattan behind, it felt like I left a really big part of me. I guess I'm just scared to go back."

I nodded, pretending I knew exactly what she meant by all that. I shifted my stare to the window across from us, looking away from her.

"Rares, don't worry. Manehattan's a big place, I bet you've never even been in the area."

"I lived across from that house."

"Oh..."

"And I'm afraid that people will recognize me if I set foot near there. I didn't really leave my friends on a good note."

"How about this," I suggested, "You stay here while I go after my parents? We'll meet together after our next death in the same park."

She leaned forward in her seat looking out the window. We were close to the city. She took a deep breath agreeing to my idea.

She looked at me, her blue eyes hinting she just realized something. "When did you become so attached to the idea of seeing your mother?"

"We really don't have another choice, do we? Maybe the hallucinations will stop once I see her." Her expression turned concerned after I mentioned that last bit.

"And when I see my parents, I can finally yell at them. I've been waiting for that since I was six." I cracked a little smile.

She replied with a small grin. Her smile was gorgeous, but I'd never say that out loud. She was still a manipulative bitch, but sometimes I could see why people listened to her.