1.

"and so there we stood, our hearts beating as one, several worlds apart."
- looped.

Chapter 1

⋆.:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Dammit," I groaned, sitting up. Across the room, my alarm clock was ringing. The noise could be described as something between a guttural cry and a shriek. It was infuriating, it grated the nerves, it made you grind your teeth until it was done.

But it served its purpose.

I pulled my blankets off, revealing my short sleeved band T-Shirt with my black leggings. I stumbled onto the ground, making my way to the obnoxious ringing.

Since I left the curtains closed, my room was pitch black. So I had to "feel my way" over to the alarm. If my room wasn't completely dark, I couldn't sleep.

Once I was there, I shut the alarm off, sauntering over to my window. It was about 5 AM, the same time I woke up every day. I opened the blinds, letting my eyes adjust to the light outside. The sun was just beginning to rise, dawn was my favorite time of day. In front of me, there were fields and fields of farmland. We owned a lot of land, hence us living on a farm called 'Apple Acres'.

I turned around, making my way to my desk, switching on the lamp. My phone was placed in the middle of my desk. I clicked a button, the screen lighting up. I had a few new notifications, the one that stood out the most was from Sunset.

Sunset 🥓🌞:

Sunset 🥓🌞: Hey buddy, do you think it's time to see a sex therapist?

03:32

Sunset 🥓🌞: Shit, sorry AJ, Pinkie and I were on a call. We played a few rounds of truth or dare. She's been silent for five minutes, I think she's finally asleep.

04:20

I let out a little giggle. Pinkie and Sunset were really good friends, though I never understood how they managed to stay up so late. Especially on school days.

Me 🍎: Good morning to you too

05:01

I opened my door, lurching over to where my little sister's, Applebloom's, room was. I softly knocked on the door, I always woke her up since her school began later than mine.

"Sugar cube, it's time to get up," I told her in a quiet sweet voice.

She rolled over and groaned. "I hate Mondays," she mumbled.

I chuckled to myself, leaving the door open. As I trailed down the stairs, my eyes met Granny Smith sitting on her rocking chair, looking at the sunrise outside.

"Good mornin' Granny."

She averted her gaze to see me, she tugged the sides of her mouth smiling. "Awe, look at ya. So much like your mother."

I raised an eyebrow making my way over to her. She usually didn't talk about my mother like this. She noticed my confusion and sighed. "It's her birthday today."