16.

Chapter 16

⋆.:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Applejack

I sat on that bench waiting for Rarity for a long time. The only thing keeping me company was my thoughts.

I was impatient. Finally, things had started working out and she wasn't even here.

There was no way she was this slow to meet up with me. Even when she hated me, she always met up with me at this exact spot. At this exact time.

At first, I felt anger. Had I meant nothing to her? She probably planned to leave me once it all worked out. I mean, that was fine, two could play at that game.

My emotions quickly turned into worry once I realized the possibility that she could be hurt. If life was normal, that meant that we were no longer connected by loops. Supposedly, after fixing everything, that had also broken one of the things the kept us together. Maybe something happened to her.

Flustered, I got up from the bench quickly, making my way to her house. The way this was going, I was definitely going to be late for school. I needed to see all my old friends.

I had ruined their lives in the previous loops. Pinkie's personality had completely changed and I felt as if it was my fault. Back at the mall, she was a different person. Her hair straight - she had no color, no emotion. She looked wrong with her blue eyes completely dull. Those eyes were meant to smile.

The guilt ate me away. Every time I was to think about it, my stomach would give off a vicious twist, and sometimes it felt like all the air was sucked out of me. I needed to see my friends as soon as I could. I needed to see their faces in reassurement that they were fine, so I'd also feel okay.

But Rarity was first. She was always first.

I continued down the path, and by the time I neared her neighborhood, I was running. My lungs gasped for air, my shoes pounded heavily against the sidewalk.

When I saw Twilight walking down her driveway talking to someone on the phone was when I came to an abrupt stop. Unfortunately, my breathing was so heavy at the moment that I was barely able to make out what she was saying. In order to not look completely suspicious since I stood in the middle of the sidewalk a few houses away, I grabbed my phone and pretended to text someone on it. Luckily, she was too panicked to notice me.

"Breakup" and "Twilight" were the only words I was able to make out. And it made sense, Twilight was supposed to break up with Rarity this morning.

It took a minute until I could finally hear full-length sentences out of her. She stood at the front of Rarity's house, on the sidewalk, staring out.

"Sunset, I don't know. I feel like I made a bad choice. I don't love her anymore, but straight up saying it to her face made me feel terrible." Twilight dug her teeth in her lips, waiting for a response which I couldn't hear.

This isn't right...

"She's in there right now crying because of me. I'll let Shy know what happened, but I can't help but worry that she'll do something."

This caught me off guard. She's crying? She'll do something? I didn't know how the amends went with Twilight but this didn't sound like Rarity. Rarity wouldn't be crying now, especially after everything. I doubt she'd actually pay any attention to the Twilight segment of her morning anymore.

"I'm standing on her driveway right now. I can't even leave it, I feel way too guilty. I left her there. Should I have comforted her something or-"