18.

Chapter 18

⋆.:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Rarity

One wrong move.

One wrong move was all it took for someone's life to end.

If I made one wrong move in saving Applejack, there was a chance she would never wake up again.

The thought of her death left me breathless. It felt as if I was empty without her. Even though she was a completely different person from who I grew to love, I needed her to live.

Even if it wasn't for me. Even if it was for Dash. Even if she resented every move I made, she needed to live. I was ready to sacrifice everything just for her.

After quickly re-doing my makeup, I made my way to Canterlot High. I sat on the stairs, hoping that no one would realize I was on their school grounds without even attending it myself.

In my head, I went through ways I could prevent her death. Causing a car crash to prevent a car crash didn't seem like the most ideal thing.

My head was pounding too hard for me to think clearly. Every single thing I tried to imagine felt impossible to do.

I could distract her. That thought was immediately dismissed, from our encounter in the morning, she had no reason to trust me. In fact, if I approached her, that might not change anything. She'd probably run away which could cause her to run into the car.

So I had to wing it.

I wished Applejack had told me more about her death. The road she died on, the car that killed her - anything.

The only thing I had memorized was that after she saw me hop off that bus, she raced with Dash. And then a car hit her.

I played with the ends of my hair nervously, panic rising within me. I'm the only one who can do this.

I sat there for a while, watching the street in front of me. The traffic of all different types of cars snaked up the hill. Each was bathed in their own smoke they were emitting into the air.

When you look at cars, you only see machines. You don't see the people driving them, forcing them to go at certain speeds and directions. You only see the cars they hide in, masking their personality.

Anybody going down this street could be the reason someone's life were to end. All it took was one wrong move.

My phone rang, which nearly gave me a heart attack. After the sudden noise, I had to take a few deep breaths before looking at the screen. The fear of death had me so paranoid, I forgot what it was like to live.

Looking at the phone, my eyes widened as I saw Twilight's name. Crystal Prep. I was so focused on saving Applejack that everyone at my school had completely slipped my mind.

Fluttershy, I thought. This was my chance to apologize. After a few moments of hesitation, I answered the call, lifting the device to my ear.

"Hey," I said, which came out weaker than I had intended to.

"Rarity finallyyy, I've been trying to get ahold of you for the longest time." Her relieved voice suddenly turned into anger. "Where have you been?! You're late for class and you weren't even there this morning at your house."

"Twilight, I can't really explain what's going on right now. I promise I'll say more about the matter later, but not at this moment."

"Rarity. Are you okay?" she demanded.