14.

Chapter 14

⋆.:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Rarity

Applejack made her way down the street, her gaze directed down at her feet. I couldn't see her face, but I could tell she was still blushing.

I was still blushing.

As much as I wanted to be walking down that street with her, I stayed seated, watching her trundle farther and farther from me. My heart raced in my chest as I thought about standing up, yelling for her to turn around. I just needed one last smile from her.

But I didn't. And the second her figure was too small to see, I was filled with nothing but regret.

A FEW HOURS LATER

The front door swung open, startling me. It had been nothing but silence for the last few hours. I put my book down that I had taken from Twilight's bookcase, fear immediately taking over me. I needed to hide.

After spending a few minutes outside, I found Twilight's spare key in the flower pot. I spent the rest of the day reading one of her stories in her bookcase, waiting for her to come back.

"Welcome to my home," Twilight said to someone, her voice cheerful. I had been sitting in the hallway right next to Twilight's room so I'd be notified right away of when someone got home. Apparently I hadn't planned this out correctly, since I had no idea what to do. I also had no idea how the hell I was supposed to talk to her.

Hearing another set of footsteps heading their way to the kitchen, my eyes met the hallway closet. Without anymore thought, I grabbed onto the book, quietly running into the closet. To my luck, they never used this closet, so it was almost empty.

I sat down, leaning against the door, cradling the book in my hands. I couldn't hear who she was talking to. But whoever she was with, she sounded happy.

I haven't heard her talk like this in forever.
Whenever she was with me, she seemed bored. Her mind was always on something else.

"Alright, now that we got our snacks," she spoke, "I'll show you to my room. My brother and his girlfriend aren't supposed to be home in a while, and I know for a fact they're very excited to see you."

"You've been talking about me to your family?" another voice asked jokingly. I felt my heart drop as soon as I recognized the voice.

Sunset Shimmer.

How had I not seen this earlier?

Anger suddenly struck me. How come Twilight was so happy with Sunset and never with me? What did Sunset have that I didn't? Was I that easy to replace?

I thought back to when I walked into Twilight's room earlier today, it all made sense. Everything I gave her was gone. It was completely empty, it was as if I never existed. The snow globe that resided on her desk that was so special to me wasn't anywhere to be found. The clothes I used to make her had disappeared. I had given her so much; how come it wasn't enough?

"Maybeee," Twilight responded, which was followed by a few nervous giggles.

"You're so cute," I heard Sunset mumble, which I could tell came out louder than she intended.

"What?"

There was a pause before I heard Sunset speak again. "Shall we?"

The two walked up the stairs. I sat there, in the dark, a ton more questions swirling through my head.