4.

Chapter 4

⋆.:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Rarity

My head shot up, my heart was racing in my chest. However, on this specific morning, I only had one thought in mind.

I wasn't the only one dying.

Or, that's what it seemed. I couldn't tell what was real and fake anymore, it all seemed to blend together.

I sat myself up, heaving a sigh. My eyes darted back to my digital clock which sat on my dresser.

05:02

Just another hour until Twilight comes over and tells me the news.

I took a minute to look around my room. My bed was against my wall, my desk right directly in front of it. There wasn't much to my room, except the excessive amount of fairy lights I insisted on adding. The colorful lights were the only light in my room.

After sitting up, paralyzed for a few more minutes, I came to terms with one thing. I didn't like the sound of this 'Applejack' person.

Maybe she was the whole reason I was stuck like this. Re-living the worst day of my life, over and over again.

I stumbled out of my bed, smoothing over some of my hair as I walked to my closet. Once a month, Crystal Prep had a day where we weren't forced to wear our normal uniforms.

And that day happened to be today.

Of course, I was more than happy to participate, since I was never fond of the uniforms. But as these days repeated, I realized it wasn't that different. I always chose the same silk white dress. It was as if it was illegal to do anything different. Like I couldn't move on.  As my hand touched against its silk, a memory came to mind.

Originally, Fluttershy and I bought the dress together. She and I both were supposed to go to some party together, and she thought I'd look good in it. As I always did.

I dismissed the thought, slowly making my way to my bathroom to take a shower. After that, I slid on my dress, dried and curled my hair, and applied some of my daily makeup.

Breakfast was next, my mom, Sweetie Belle, and I always had breakfast together. I always loved waffles before this, but after eating the same thing over and over again, it got old.

"Rarity!" Sweetie Belle called in her high pitched voice. "Hi." She pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hi?" I responded, pushing her away.

"I'm just so happy you're awake!" Sweetie Belle rejoiced. "I even cooked with Mom, your favorite. Waffles!"

I looked over to my mom, who was drowning her waffle in syrup. I made a face and shook my head. I wasn't about to eat waffles for the fifth time in a row. "I think I'll just grab some toast or something."

"Toast? But you love waffles," Sweet Belle insisted, tugging on my dress.

Sweetie Belle was my annoying my younger sister. She was nine, and she followed me everywhere. She always wanted to be like me, which I appreciated, but it quickly got annoying.

"Yes, darling, I think I'd enjoy some toast." Sweetie Belle groaned, returning back to her seat.

"You're never fun," I heard her mumble. This was followed by her grabbing the syrup and pooling it onto the waffle.

Before I could pull out the bag of bread, a knock was heard on my door. I looked back at the time displayed on the microwave.

I arched an eyebrow, realizing that the knocking was fifteen minutes before Twilight was supposed to be here. Not to mention it wasn't the same knocking Twilight usually gave.