5

read this before commenting: i'm going to say this once. yes, he self-harmed. but this is not a green light for you to joke/talk about sh in an almost boastful manner in the comments. i was not in a good place when i wrote this, and i am still struggling. do not joke about "trying it". if you're still going to comment something along those lines, you will be muted and/or blocked, depending on how pissed off i am. please respect boundaries set. if you are self-harming, please seek professional help.

TW: SELF-HARM (WILL PUT A WARNING BEFOREHAND)

AT THE HOSPITAL

Russia walked into the hospital room America was in. "Amerika? How do you feel?", he asked, the concern for his friend obvious in his voice. America looked up at Russia and smiled. "Russki! You're here!"

"Is that my new nickname? First, Rus, and now Russki?" The Russian laughed. He loved it when America gave him new nicknames. America nodded, grinning. "Yes, it is. I'm feeling better, thank you!"

Canada, who was sitting beside his brother's bed, smiled. "I'll leave now, get better soon, Ame. See you around, Russia." America and Russia waved goodbye as the bi-coloured country left the room.

Forgetting about his broken wrist, Russia reached out with his left hand, but he quickly remembered and hid it behind his back. The American noticed the brace, though, and frowned. "What happened to your wrist?"

Russia looked away, and lied, "I... I fell down on it while climbing a ladder and broke it." Thankfully, it seemed good enough of an explanation to satisfy America, who replied, "Be careful next time, Rus. You could've been seriously injured."

Russia nodded. "Okay, but you should get some rest. You sound..." He trailed off, looking for a suitable word.

"Dead?" America suggested, raising his eyebrows.

"What? No, no. You sound kind of... weak. Get some rest, I'll stay here." Russia refuted. They grew silent, and after a while, Russia could hear soft and rhythmic snores issuing from America. Russia sighed, turning to face his sleeping friend. 

America looked as peaceful as the last time Russia saw him sleeping, but he was no longer scared. He had seen his friend awake, and he was sure that America was going to get better and recover. The Russian reached out with his right hand and stroked the American's face with his thumb. He looks so cute... wait what am I thinking? I don't have a crush on him, he's just a close friend...

Every particle of Russia's being told him to stop, but he couldn't stop himself. America simply looked so at peace and cute when he was sleeping. Reaching up, he took the brown ushanka off of his head and placed it on America's head. It was a bit too big for America, and it slid down and covered his eyes. 

Russia righted it and took off the pair of sunglasses that America was wearing, placing it on the nightstand beside the bed. As he did so, a question popped up in his head. Why would America be wearing his sunglasses in the hospital? Wasn't it weird for him to do so?

Although America was the type of person to be cocky and a show-off at times, it was odd that he insisted on wearing his sunglasses. Russia shook his head, dismissing the question. It was none of his business. 

Russia woke up. He must've had dozed off or something, because when he checked his watch, an hour had already passed since he placed his ushanka on America's head. America had begun to stir as well, muttering. "Rus? What's on my head...?"

America yawned. "It's really soft and comfortable... is it your ushanka?" The Russian took it from his friend's head and replaced it on his own, smiling. "Yeah, it is."