7

TW: MENTIONS OF SELF-HARM (WILL PUT WARNING BEFOREHAND)

THE NEXT AFTERNOON AFTER SCHOOL, HOSPITAL (AMERICA'S ROOM)

"Teach me some cuss words in your language, Russia," America asked, laughing. Russia chuckled. "Why? How about I teach you some basic words instead?" 

America groaned. "Nah, I'd rather I learn how to cuss." Russia's laughter rumbled deeply in the room. "Okay, but let me teach you some basic ones first, okay? Just how to say 'yes' and 'no', I promise."

America snorted. "Fine, but only 'yes' and 'no'. After that, you gotta teach me how to cuss, alright?"

"Alright. Now... 'нет' means 'no'. This is how you write it." Russia agreed, passing a ballpoint pen to America and taking out a notebook from his bag. America held the pen and Russia held his hand, showing America how to write the Cyrillic alphabets.

America blushed as Russia's hand covered his, but watched attentively as Russia moved his hand to write the word.

Russia did the same for 'yes' and America started to get accustomed to Russia holding his hand. When it was made sure that his friend knew the meaning and pronunciations of both words, the Russian drew his hand back. 

The bandages on his right arm were snagged by the cap of the ballpoint pen that was still in America's hands though, and the loose bandages began to unravel into a pile at Russia's feet as he scrambled to re-wrap them. 

{SELF-HARM MENTION WARNING}

"What's that on your arms?" America asked sharply, and realised at closer inspection that the white lines he saw were intentional scars and scratches. Russia looked down at his feet guiltily as the American grabbed his arm.

"Are you really okay? I don't think a person who's truly okay would do harm to themselves intentionally." America added quickly as Russia opened his mouth to say yes. "I... I'm fine, Amerika..."

America shook his head. "You're not. Look at your arms, look at all those scars. How could you say you're fine?" Then, his eyes softening, he added, "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Don't do this to yourself, okay?"

The taller male mumbled a yes. "I've gotta go, Amerika, see you tomorrow."

24 hours left.

America frowned as Russia left hastily, re-wrapping the bandages around his arm. He pondered about what had happened before. Was he being too blunt? 

He remembered his parents asking about Poland and Germany, and decided to drop them a text.

America- Hey guys

Germany- Hey America
Germany- How are you feeling?

Poland- Hi

America- I'm feeling much better
America- Thanks for asking

Poland- What happened?
Poland- Who poisoned you?

America- Idk
America- Wasn't Russia tho
America- Maybe y'all can meet him one day

Germany- Cool

Poland- Can't wait to!!

America grinned. He loved Poland's enthusiasm. He'd introduce them to his friend soon, when he was discharged from the hospital, he decided. Out of habit, he took his sunglasses off and cleaned it with the hem of his shirt.

America- Does this Saturday sound good?
America- We can all hang out together

Germany- Sounds good