I

Corrupted Little Mate is the second book after Broken Little Mate. It is not necessary to read Broken Little Mate but it would make more sense as to what's going on and why. Enjoy!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Basel's Pov*

The room they decided to keep me in was probably somewhere underground because it was too hard to breath. I was blindfolded and my legs were tied, I wasn't sure why they kept my hands free but I wasn't asking.

I heard the lock click, the door squeak open before slamming close. Footsteps came towards me and I coward back, my spine connecting with the wall.

"Why are you doing this again? Please just let me go." I spoke on the verge of tears.

Whoever it was said nothing but stepped further towards me. I couldn't move back anymore so I tried moving to the side, a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

"Quit moving."

I recognized the voice and froze.

"I'll take off the blindfold but your feet stay tied."

I just nodded my head too scared to talk.

I flinched a little when I felt his hands on my face to remove whatever was blocking my sight. When he had it removed my eyes tried adjusting to the sudden brightness causing my temples to throb slightly.

I kept my eyes on the floor to avoid making eye contact with him. I've been in this situation so many times but after having Lincoln I was twice as afraid.

I thought of Lincoln and the last time we had talked. I wonder if he thinks I really did leave him?

I should have just let him come into the room instead of being mad. My body shook from wanting to cry but I didn't want to show them truly how much more weak I've gotten since being gone.

"Look at me Basel."

I shook my head and held my eyes closed. I didn't want to see his face, I never wanted to see his face again.

"Basel."

My name was a warning but I still refused.

Pain shot through my neck as he yanked my head up to face him. I whimpered at the harsh movement.

"When I say do something you better fucking do it, or would you like to be punished."

I opened my eyes to finally look at him; panicking.

"NO! I'll listen."

"Good but you have still disobeyed me."

I knew he was going to punish me but I still begged.

"Please no, I won't do it again. Don't."

I gripped his leg to prevent him from moving to get Trent.

"Get your hands off me."

I automatically released my hold on him.

He stared down at me on the floor and laughed.

"You look pathetic."

His words made me wish he would have just hit me.

I knew I was weak but I didn't want to be pathetic, pathetic wasn't good enough for Lincoln and if I was pathetic I wasn't good enough. I didn't want to think about losing Lincoln, not now.