IX

*Basel's Pov*

This was the second time I've woken up in Roderick's arms, somehow it didn't bother me this time. Instead of trying to sneak out of his hold I buried myself further into him, he was so warm.

A sense of guilt hit me at first but remembering yesterday's events made it vanish, this is what Lincoln wanted anyway.

I could feel Hinder dying of heartbreak but I needed to stay sane, I needed to move on from the pain I've had for so long and just live.

I smiled at my new revaluation.

"What's got you all smiling?"

His morning voice was gruff.

"Nothing much, it feels nice to wake up with someone beside me."

"I'll have to remember that."

"You do that, we should do something."

I rushed the end out excitedly.

He chuckled "Like what?"

"I'll leave it up to you."

"Let's get dressed and have coffee before having fun."

I decided coffee was his addiction.

He let me borrow some sweatpants and a shirt, which swallowed my body. I walked out to the kitchen where he was at as I waited for his reaction.

He was busy getting everything put together for our coffee so I coughed. He turned around, laughing instantly.

"Maybe we should get you some more clothes first."

I looked down at myself again, laughing as well.

"Might be a good idea."

The only problem was I didn't have much money left, I had spent most of my pocket money at the bar. Lincoln paid for everything, the thought only upset me more.

I could have gotten a job and helped out, another reason to hate myself added to the list. My emotions must really play across my face because Roderick knew exactly what to say.

"We'll just get a couple of things today and wait until a later time to try for the rest of your clothes again."

"Thank you Roderick."

I went up and hugged him from behind.

His body stiffened at my touch, I pulled back.

"I'm sorry I..I don't know-"

His hand came up to my cheek blocking my apology.

"Don't apologize Basel, I like you, maybe a little too much from only knowing you a couple of days but I know you need time and I'm baring with it."

I don't know what possessed me to do it, maybe the way his eyes, but I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. He responded at contact his hand rubbed its way through the hair along my neck, until he was tipping my chin up so my lips could meet his fully. He was tender and sweet, hands touching my face, tongue barely tasting my bottom lip. It felt wonderful, not too much, he wasn't like Lincoln where there was a fire deep in my chest but there were definite sparks. He sighed against our connecting lips.

I kissed him then, our first kiss since the other morning that didn't have anymore guilt woven into it, Lincoln didn't want me and Roderick did.

Hinder tried protesting but I ignored him, relaxing into his touch, returning it with my lips, my curious fingers. It felt really good, different somehow, knowing that he was paying attention to how I felt and it wasn't all just a whim that he'd wake up from some morning wondering what the hell he'd been thinking.

This wasn't Lincoln and I liked it.

After parting not one of us said anything about what happened, instead we finished our coffee and headed out. I didn't want to give him false hope. I liked Roderick but I don't know how it would work with Lincoln being my mate, then again if he rejected me there would be no ties left.
He said I wasn't his mate anymore but didn't reject me, does that mean he still loved me deep down?

Thinking about it made my head hurt.

"Ready to go?"

I looked up at him and smiled "Yeah."

I was still confused but something told me Roderick was going to solve everything in the end.
****