XXV

*Princely's Pov*

I was glad to see Basel opening up more.

He still spends a lot of time just laying in Roderick's bed but he gets up every now and then. Lincoln hadn't come back to visit him like he asked, a piece of me wondered how Lincoln was holding up but my concern is Basel.

It's like my Ochrana blood gave me the knowledge I needed.

It was all so confusing at first, I've learned how to handle it after almost three months though, it's almost natural. The only problem is Ciel.

Knight's sole focus was Basel but he also wanted his mate. I didn't know whether or not to be grateful for it or not. I mean, I didn't want to be his mate anyway, right? The last time I had seen him was the day Roderick died. No one was allowed to come any closer than the end of the drive path for the cabin.

He tried calling me every night, sometimes being an Alpha gets in the way. It was no doubt rough, the days were staring to mesh together anyway.

I heard the light patter of Basel's footsteps coming from Roderick's bedroom. I looked at the time, realizing it was probably time for his night walk. He has been going out every night for hours, returning blank, heading straight for bed. I was slightly growing suspicious of his activities, I figured he needed his space.

"Princely."

Basel mumbled behind me.

I turned around "You going for your walk?"

"Uh yeah..actually, I was wondering if we could talk first?" He looked nervous.

I sat down on a nearby stool, facing him. I was surprised that he wanted to talk. I'm usually the one forcing him to.

"Go ahead."

He picked at his shirt "You don't have to stay here anymore, I know you miss your pack and Ciel. I don't want you getting your position taken from you because I'm weak."

I was a little too shocked to reply at first.

He was worrying about me?

He's the one who's been hurting, I was supposed to be here for him..until death. As my Poklad he is one of the most important parts of Knight. I wasn't going to leave him, no matter what it cost me. I'd follow him anywhere he needed me.

"Stop worrying Basel. Cainis is understanding of what he knows of the situation, I'm sure him and Lincoln are handling things fine without me."

I left out any comments about Ciel.

"Ciel?"

I hoped he wouldn't ask that part again.

"It doesn't matter Basel, I'm staying with you."

I went back to cooking the food.

"I hear you sometimes, talking to him. I know you miss him Princely and I don't blame you. Go home for awhile, I'll be fine. Promise."

What he said sounded tempting. I could see Cainis to explain everything that has been going on considering he knew only a little.

How would Lincoln be? Would he hate me? I didn't want to go back to that.

The thought of seeing Ciel did have Knight panting in joy but he also needed to stay here with Basel. My heart and mind both were torn, I knew if it came down to it though Basel was first above everything else right now.

"No."

I said blankly. I refused any other answer from leaving my lips.

"Then have Ciel come here for a day." He offered.