XXX

*Princely's Pov*

I loved being back in my cafe.

It was late at night and no one was here, I just laid on the counter. I couldn't sleep, Basel has been staying with me the last couple of nights. It had me on the edge. I was a little freaked at the fact that Lincoln may get the wrong idea and try to kill me, not that I would go down that easily.

I didn't understand what was going on.

Basel comes back from the dead, doesn't remember his mate, and is feisty as a Chihuahua.

I've noticed he has quite the profane vocabulary now, always saying something with the word bitch or damn, though I think his favorite is shit. It just didn't seem like Basel to me, My Poklad. I like the 'new' Basel because he stands up for himself and doesn't take shit from anybody. He even snapped at Ciel the other day. Everything wasn't how it was supposed to be, that's what I didn't like.

Lincoln truts around as if none of it bothers him, almost as if Basel never forgot him. I figured he would fight for Basel, try to help him gain his memories back but it's just a big pile of nothing. He goes to Cainis' every now and again, otherwise he does the same thing he did when Basel left.

He disappears at night, keeps himself occupied with his duties or just stays inside all day. I've been tempted to follow him a few times when he left but I didn't want to cause more problems than there already are.

The ding of the door opening stole me from my stupor. I jumped off the counter, being met with Ciel.

"What do you want?"

It seemed harsh but I wanted a moment to myself and he follows me.

He shrugged "Thought you might like someone to talk to."

"Last time I checked I didn't have a vagina." I retorted.

He smirked "I think I'm aware of that."

I couldn't stop the heat from rising up my cheeks. I knew what he was referring to.

"Go."

I said it dismissively, hoping he would take a hint. That wasn't happening again.

"Funny, we don't seem to be thinking of the same thing."

He was instantly in front of me. Close enough that I could hear the thud of his heartbeat.

"When are you going to stop fighting this Princely."

He asked, taking two steps towards me.

I had nowhere to run.

"When are you going to give up?" I shot back.

"Never."

He whispered, now only less than an inch left between us.

"Then there's your answer."

My voice didn't match my words.

His expression flitted rapidly and I couldn't work out what he was thinking. I licked my lips, nervous. His eyes followed the movement, coming back to mine after a moment with a look in his eyes that seemed to say he liked what he saw.

I couldn't prepare for his next move, he was leaning towards me. As if in slow motion he approached me, his eyes closing as he did. Our lips touched so softly I thought for one second I was imagining it.

Before my brain could process the feeling of him touching me, my body had. My hand moved instantly to the back of his head to gently bring him closer to me. I couldn't seem to stop myself from deepening the kiss. To his delight I didn't back away at all.