XL

*Lincoln's Pov*

You make me sick.

You make me sick.

You make me sick.

The words ran on repeat in my head. I make myself sick. Saying those things, those disgusting things, to him. I rammed my fist into the wall, creating another hole to match the others. The feeling I got this time wasn't good. I've truly hurt him and I felt there was no fixing that even if he came back.

I contemplated following him, he probably went to Beth's anyway. Either way I needed to cool off because I was ready to snap someone's neck.

I ended up at the only place that could keep me calm. I had been coming here drinking for so long that I forgot why this was my serenity, it was breathtaking. The cliff hovered above the lake gently as if watching over it. The birds flew in the sky, signing to one another but the most magnificent was the Mahogany. I remember when I first discovered this place that I couldn't fathom that a Mahogany was growing here. I moved over to it, roving my fingers across the bark.

Strength and endurance.

I didn't seem to have either right now. Everything inside of me was draining slowly, agonizingly. I sat down at the foot of the tree being hit with Basel's scent. Was I already that desperate for him again, that I'm tutoring myself with his scent? I rubbed my hand over my face trying to get it together.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

Great, I'm also hearing voices. I chuckled at my own joke.

"Did that amuse you?"

I shook my head "No, we haven't had a chat in awhile."

"I had no need to, until now. I have caught ear of some rather distressful news."

I wished she would just show herself to me so it didn't seem like I was actually talking to myself.

"What about?" I asked.

"Sors and Libatis."

I sighed "What's going on?"

"Desus had been fed up with Sors and her need for power, he was ready to banish her from Haven. No one, not even a goddess, wants to end up at Inferis. Libatis then pleaded with him for a punishment but Desus was not happy about her standing up for her sister. Now they both have to suffer. Libatis has to take back one of each life she has given back, whilst Sors has to be bound, watching her sister grow weaker because of her mistakes."

"Sounds like you have some family issues." I joked, I honestly didn't understand what any of it had to do with me or Basel.

"Well my family issues as you put, have found themselves on Terra."

I nonchalantly scoffed "How so?"

"Libatis has taken her mortal form to receive the last life on her list."

My heart suddenly clenched.

"Names?" I questioned.

"It is one of two names."

"And they are?" I said slightly impatient.

"Juniper Kilopon or..Basel Rea."

My heart sunk.

"No." I croaked.

"I'm deeply sorry My Child."

"No!" I shouldn't raise my voice to her but my heart was breaking.

I can't lose him, I can't lose him again.

"What's her name?" She knew who I was talking about.

"Lavinia."

My eyes widened, that bitch.

"Juniper is coming. Act irrationally Lincoln."

I laughed "You know why she's coming, don't you?"

"Yes, you need to focus solely on Basel. Forget everything else. Remember, Basel is your life. Do not end up killing yourself."

I smashed my hand into the tree, I fucking hated her riddles.

A minute after Nox had disappeared Juniper came running up, half panting.

"Lincoln. Thank the Goddess. I've been looking all over for you. Why are you here to?"

I looked up at her. What did she mean 'to', no one but me ever came here. Expect for Juniper now finding me.

I glared at her hatefully "What do you want?"

She must have seen the danger in my eyes because she stepped back cautiously.

"B-Basel's m-missing."

I stood so fast she flinched.

"What!" I screamed almost inches from her face.

"I..I looked all over for him first b-but I couldn't find him s-so I tried to go to you t-then I couldn't find you a-and I'm worried about seeing him a-again."

I grabbed her by the neck, tightening my hands around her windpipe.

"You better hope he is found or else you won't have to fucking worry about never seeing him again."

I'm sure my threat was crystal clear and I don't make idle threats.

I threw her to the ground, hearing her gasping for air as I stalked off.

This is the last time anything happens to My Basel, that's a promise.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Blah. Anyway, I was able to update tonight even though it's super short but Lincoln had to find out about everything somehow.