Trust

Hey guys, happy belated new year! How long has it been since i even looked at this book? Anyway, I've spent the past few hours rereading and trying to get the feel back for this book to begin writing again.

It's the half term so what better way to revise for my gcses (which are like 3/4 months away??) Then continuing a fanfic? Forgive me if the pacing is lackluster, all the ideas I had for this story have been completely forgotten about because woe betide I actually write down a plan.

.

.

.

I'm finally able to freely walk around now, at least, to the best to my ability. The added weight still causes me the occasional balancing issue and I fear I look lopsided.

My wobbly feet take refuge as I sit on my hospital bed, hoping that if I ignore the people in the room they'll just go away.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

"I cannot allow my son to attend your school anymore." Mum determinedly demands to the small bear-mouse-rat thing that I call my principal.

He studies her imposing form for a moment, then speaks at me. "What are your thoughts, [L/N]?"

The question takes me back a bit, being asked what I want not exactly being the norm for me in recent times. "Please, just call me [M/N], it's confusing otherwise." he gives a small nod, "I mean, I'd rather stay..." I look to my mum but she's refusing to reciprocate, "But I do recognise the gravity of the situation. Unfortunately, the school is a very dangerous place and we can only be protected so much--"

"Would you prefer staying in a dormitory?"

My mum spares no time deliberating, "Of course not, that just means they're all going to be crammed in the school like sardines, easy bait for the villains!"

The headmaster looks to me. I look to my mum. She shakes her head.

"It would save money on the commute and I wouldn't have to share a room anymore."

"The same can be said if you move back home--"

"Mum!"

I stand to be at her level, quickly realising how I've now exceeded her in height, "I'm old enough to make my decision on this! It's not the schools fault that the villains attacked us and quite frankly I don't understand why I should be punished by being pulled out of school." I inhale sharply, ignoring the tears splatting on my hands. "I can call you every day, send detailed reports or whatever, just please don't take me away! I finally feel like I belong somewhere, so I'll take all the cuts or bruises it takes to stay!"

The room falls silent, save for my sorrowful sobbing. "Hah, what am I crying for? Not very manly of me, huh?." A low chuckle escapes my throat, trying to wipe away the tears.

She lets out a chortle.

"What the hell, mum?"

"Hah, sorry, I just realised that you rarely go against me. Sometimes I wonder where you get that stubborness from."

Oh, I wonder.

Mum faces Nezu, "If anything else happens to my son, you are dead. I will sue you and your school for everything you're worth for, personally slaughter you, then use all that money to hire the fanciness mother fucking lawyer and get off scot-free."

Nezu scratches the back of what I assume is his neck, "You are quite a formidable woman. I accept your terms."

Upon those words, my classmates come piling in.

Mina envelopes me, along with a few others, "Thank God my baby is staying with us!" She caresses my face and squeezes my cheeks.

"Cut it out, you're not my gran!" I slap her hands away from me but still smile. I'm glad it turned out like this, albeit having the after school special vibe. "Were you evesdropping on that entire conversation?"

Mina sheepily looks away, "Anyway!" She turns to the principal, "He can stay, right?"

He chuckles. "Yep, just sign here and you'll be able to move in."

.

The holidays draw on, the world seemingly passing me by. Mina and Setsuna regularly visit me to give me updates on the hip happenings™ but honestly, it only makes me feel all the more lonely.

I've tried asking about Katsuki a few times, however everyone seems to avoid the subject, as if he's Voldemort or something. It's not like I can just leave to go see him either, as I have people stationed around my room for lookout and a personal escort for taking a piss.

I can't escape... Unless.

I peer at the window. It seems to have no restrictor.

.

"Why the fuck did I not get the bus." I mentally curse myself. "Oh, that's right, I'm broke."

I finally near the Bakugou's, taking a moment to lean on the door before knocking. "You can do this." As if repeating this statement will fix everything, I garner a bit of confidence and knock on the door.

No answer.

I knock again.

Nadda.

Third time's the charm--

"Oh my god just fuck off! Can you not take the hint!?" Abruptly, the door flies open, making me very unceremoniously fall flat on my face.

Actually, it'd be more accurate to say I'm crushing Kats right now.

"Get the fuck off of me." Calloused hands rip myself off him as he seethes a string of curses.

"Look, I just want to talk--"

He pushes me further away. "We ain't talking about shit!"

I stumble back, unable to stand without my crutches. "Where the hell do you get off on fucking burning a person in a wheelchair, huh?" Pointing at the scars littering my face (a keepsake from our last encounter), I struggle to stand. "I don't know what I did wrong without you telling me. I'm begging you..."

Katsuki stops for a moment, before roughly dragging me to his sofa.

Harder zaddy~

No, fuck, now is not the right time to be thinking impure thoughts!

When I look at Katsuki, all I can see is pure, unfiltered hatred. Teenage angst to a whole other level; it breaks my heart a bit.

"You were there... With the villains."

"But I wasn't."

"Don't interrupt me." He snaps, then resumes his composure. "They had me tied up and you were there, cackling at me and saying that I'm" it takes a moment for him to continue, "weak, naïve, pathetic..." He spits the words out, venom lacing his voice - all directed at me.

I'm at a loss, to be frank. I was comatose for 3 days and I witnessed his rescue, there is indesputable proof that I could not have been there and yet he insists.

I suck a deep breath in. "I can't insult your intelligence, Kats, I believe you. At least, I believe you were forced to think you saw me."

A deathening silence weighs in the room: no shouts, no pleas, no tears.

"I heard through the grapevine that there's a villain that can basically shape-shift, though only if they got the blood of that person. That's what I heard, at least." I awkwardly laugh, attempting to alleviate some stress.

"And how am I supposed to believe that?"

Tentatively, I grab his hand. He doesn't pull away but flinches when touched.

"Just, please, trust me."