Biscuit Crumb Madness

Golden rays of sun stream through the gaps in my curtains, blurring my vision. Despite the sun shining brightly, it's still absolutely freezing. I quickly check the temperature on my phone to find that it's 5°C, so by Britain's standards it should be boiling by now. Lowly mumbling curses under my breath, I lazily stumble my way to the camoflouge coloured curtains and shut them tightly, not wanting to face the day ahead. The reason to my repulsion to the awaiting events is due to the chaos it will bring. Today I start packing, and I know that mum is going to be on my back the whole time.

I loudly groan out my disappointment while rolling my shoulders, earning a light 'click'.

"Jeez, I'm falling apart..." I lightly chuckle to myself, somehow I'm the fittest guy in my year, yet I can't even take care of my own body. That really says something.

I check the time, seeing it's nearing 9am. Puzzled as to why no one attempted to wake me up, I go downstairs.

I call out to anyone who might be around, only to be met with silence. I lightly tut to myself, simultaneously checking my phone for any messages.

None.

"Still lonely..." I make my way to the kitchen, figuring an apple or something would suffice for breakfast, when I see a note taped to the tele.

We're at the shop so don't worry. Don't forget to practice your Japanese and pack.

-Sis

Right, so they probably won't be back for hours. I should probably get a start on packing, after a cuppa of course.

Four hours later and I'm covered in Digestive biscuits watching some shit on Quest Red. Something about cats. While I'm sat brain dead on the sofa I don't even realise Emilia, my younger sister, is profusely shaking me from my limp state.

"Jesus Christ, (M/N), we've been out for 5 hours and you've done nothing." That would be my mum.

"I mean, you're not wrong." Even as the words were escaping my lips my gut was telling me to run.

"Do you think this is a joke!? This is exactly the behaviour we're trying to fix! I feel so sorry for Inko for when you arrive. It's going to be a living nightmare for her!"

Shit.

"I'll go pack..." I mumble, regret in my tone.

"Mummy, there's crumbs all over the floor. Also, mummy, can I watch Peppa Pig? Or Rubberdubbers?" Wait, is that still airing? I haven't heard that name in years.

"No you can't. You can go watch Netflix on the TV in my room." She points her attention at me. "Go set that up for her. When you're done with that you can clean up the mess you made. While you're at it, you might as well clear the whole front room. Don't forget to pack."

Why does she always dump all the shit onto me? I get that I'm the 'trouble student' but this has to fall under child labour. Scratch that, I shouldn't joke about that shit, way too serious. "Can't Emma at least help Emilia upstairs?" Come on, mum, it's the least that bitch can do.

"No way, she's actually studying, unlike you."

"The only reason I don't study is because I get stuck with all the chores." The words slip out of my tongue but I know shits gonna hit the fan now.

"Don't you dare take that tone with me! How dare you have the cheek to back chat after all the trouble you've caused me!" She's absolutely fuming now, so I try to take a leaf out of Emilias book, flashing my siblings signature sheepish smile. This clearly doesn't work, so I take this chance to run upstairs to help my sister.