Cartoon Nostalgia

underlined is English

"Hun, I'm happy that you're spending so much, but I think you should stop eating all that soba, so you'll pop before you even get a chance to walk into U.A." The cook refuses to sell me any more soba. Time for plan B.

"I see, so no more soba?"

"That's right."

"Well the, if I can't have the soba, I guess I'll have the Kimchi."

"That's a side dish. How about I get you some tea?"

"Yes, please get him tea, I can't stand to see my boy get fat!" She squishes my cheeks, like a nan who hasn't seen her grandchild it a couple months, "I mean, look at you, you're about to go into a food coma." I hum, not entirely hearing what she's been saying. Don't look at me like that, you would be doing the same if you had the week I've had.

"Take me to a spa, Ashi..." I can't bother to finish what I'm saying and rest my head on the counter.

"Aw, young love." An elderly couple coos, and again, I couldn't care enough right now.

"Seriously, you just found out that you've been accepted into the greatest hero school in Japan, stop being so depressed, bro." I death stare her.

"Don't ever call me 'bro' again." I sit up and drink my tea, not caring for how hot it is.

"I'd say you two should head home soon, you wanna be careful at night nowadays." Ashido agrees with her, but I'm comfortable right here.

"If someone tries to jump us, I'll shove their head so far up their arse that they'll be able to taste what they had for breakfast today." That's it, I've forgotten how to speak Japanese now.

"What did he say?"

"Oh, that's right! [M/N] here moved from England not too long ago. I don't know how how such a cute English guy like him doesn't have a gf already."

"Did you really just say 'gf' out loud." I grimace, but at least I can speak Japanese again.

"Yeah?" Christ, she really doesn't realise how wrong that is, does she?

"You said it in a sentence, with words, not over text." She still doesn't get it, so I give up.

"You should probably walk him home." The cook says.

"Yeah, your boyfriend seems broken." I would say Ashido blushed, but for one, we're not in some cheesy fan fiction, and two, her face is so pink that I wouldn't be able to tell.

"This handsome man is unfortunately not my boyfriend, but we should probably get going."

"Wait, before you leave, you've gotta' pay us for all that soba." Ashido nudges me to pay, "I'm pretty sure this was your treat, Pinky." Nice, the cook's on my side. She pays, leaving her purse empty, apart from some loose change.

I stumble out of the restaurant, with my pink haired non-related best friend holding me up, "You're so heavy, [M/N]! I hope it's just all that muscle and not the 4650.27 yens worth of food you cost me."

"Hey, Ashido-"

"Call me Mina! We're gonna' go to the same school so it was going to happen eventually."

"Okay, Mina, can I tell you something important?" She nods and looks at me with curiosity, "I'm kinda, sorta confused, I guess? I mean, I have a term for it but.."

"Just spit it out already!"

"I think I'm pansexual." I coughed when I said the last part, hoping she wouldn't hear it, but of course she did.