one

valyriate

The girl narrowly dodged the end of the blunted arrow. Looking behind, she watched as the arrow lodged itself into the bark of an oak tree. Sidestepping to the left, she angles her bow and reaches for ammo, only to realize her quiver was empty.

Thinking quickly, she turns and runs for the oak tree. As she rounds the tree, she rips out the arrow just as the other hit the same mark. With her back to the tree, she holds her weapon up, ready to shoot.

A scuffling noise happens on her right; however, it was too soft to be anything but a distraction. With a knowingly sly grin, Iduna whips around the left of her, pull back her arm, and releases the arrow straight into Natasha's breastplate.

"Heck yeah!" She throws her arms up in the air victoriously. "Iduna, four, Nat, zero!" She dances in the same spot as Nat rips out the arrowhead. "Loser." She makes an 'L' shape with her fingers and lays it to her forehead, backward.

Nat chuckled. "I'd be more offended if that wasn't backward." Iduna scrunches up her face and lowers her hand and realizes her mistake.

She slings her bow onto her back. "Whatever, I won. You lost again." It was decided before the last round that they would head back to the palace.

Nat and Iduna return to their steeds they had left by the stream nearby. "You get better each time we train. You are very talented." A dark shadow is cast over her head. He only says that because it's what her grandmother told her to say. She has no unique talents. Being good with a bow and arrow is nothing compared to electrifying enemies with white lightning. She couldn't even do that anymore.

"Whatever..." They both mount up at the same time. Wanting to change the topic, Iduna looks to the palace in the distance. The sun was beginning to set as its edges started to fall behind the palace's tallest point. Taking up the reins, Iduna leads them back to the road.

If they followed the road, they'd reach one of Valyriate's golden oceans, Dretor. The route would split into three. One would head east towards the quaint town of Kuliera that was home to some of the region's best fish. To the west, the road would go through three close small towns, Orifa, Cerast, and Njoral, which are commonly known as Dretor City. Going back to the palace, they have to ride through tiny villages spawned on either side of the road.

"Surely, when you come back, we go to Werdi. Apparently, there's some festival that celebrates some victory." Natasha says, knowing Iduna would appreciate the change in topic.

"Oh, for sure. The Werdi festival celebrates the first settlers that left the palace to venture east. It commemorates and celebrates their sacrifice and hard work." Iduna says as they amble back to the palace. "I spent a summer there, mainly because my mother had some royal duties that lasted the summer."

Werdi is the second-largest city on Valyriate. It was built on a large mining crater for Valyriaten metal. All of its infrastructures are steel and wood. Most of the people that live there are skilled blacksmiths, miners, and builders. Fortunately, Morrigan valued her planet's environment and implemented sustainability programs to prevent her world from dying and depleting its natural resources.