three

new york city

Chilling in the charity conference's backstage, Iduna cuffs the wide-leg denim she has on to show off the Nike socks Peter let her borrow to wear with some skater shoes she bought months ago. The white turtleneck was a bit suffocating, and it was definitely a mistake to wear long sleeves, but the pale blue graphic shirt looked too good to take off. Oh, how she missed these clothes.

"And thank you, Spider-Man! He'll be right back out to take photos and videos. Thank you!" May's voice radiates from the speakers, followed by a round of applause from the attendees.

Iduna looks up right on time to see May and Peter walk through the curtains and back into the kitchen where she was reading a geometry book of Peter's while eating a sub; she got on the way here. "May, you were great. Peter, you suck at public speaking, even when you're wearing a disguise." May smiles as Peter sends her a scowl. "Hey, I speak in front of thousands of people every so often; I know a thing or two about public speaking."

"You know, sometimes, I wish you still only had the vocabulary of a medieval princess." Peter retorts with a vengeance.

Iduna smirks. "Dude, I technically am a medieval princess, just with a bit of spice. You are an insect."

May interjects. "You two shut it."

Something metallic hits the floor, followed by some clumsy stepping. Iduna gets to her feet and strikes out a hand to find that her sword was not there. Peter turned on his transitional helmet.

Waddling through the swinging doors, Happy holds that cardboard to his chest. "Hey, sorry, I'm late."

"Happy, hey." Peter greets Happy's eyes, only look for May.

"Hi, Happy." At least he gave Iduna a little look.

"Oh, you look lovely." Happy compliments May, only to cause a curious look exchange between the teens.

"Thanks, you are too," May replies and Happy thanks her.

"New dress?" All look at May's dress.

May stutters. "Yeah, yes, it is." Peter and Iduna look weirdly between the two adults. "It's a new beard." She motions to her chin.

Happy smiles. "It's my Blip beard, 'cause I grew it in the Blip." Happy tosses the teens a look. "it's a Blip beard. Anyways, the reason I'm late is that I left this in one of the cars. Can you believe it? It's enormous. Not the amount, the size. The amount's nice too. They're generous." He hands over the massive cheque to May. "Pepper Potts says she's very sorry she couldn't be here." Peter is the only one to give Happy a little dirty look when Happy bit his lip.

"I think I'm gonna go change the Sterno under the vegan lasagna. Spider-Man, go shake hands. Iduna, meet me at five by the entrance to go home." May instructs as she goes through the curtains. Peter salutes her.