nine

prague, czech republic

"Good news! We're going to the opera!" Mr Harrington announces, flashes some fancy-looking pieces of paper, followed by the students' disappointed chatter.

Peter nods as Iduna looks to him for confirmation. This was the intervention to keep their friends safe. Everyone was beginning to decorate themselves with glowsticks for the carnival. Now everyone's joyful bubble has been popped

'Don't look at me." Mr Dell says, motioning to his chaperone partner

"What happened to the carnival?" MJ asks as she places a hand on Iduna's chair.

"This is upgrade living, guys. Come on. The tour company just gave us these tickets." Harrington went on. Ned sends Iduna and Peter a frantic look, and they both return the exchange. "For free! Do you have any idea how much opera tickets cost?"

"No." Flashes states bluntly. "because none of us has ever wanted to go to the opera, ever."

"Uh, I think this is gonna be culturally enriching for us," Ned says randomly.

Harrington points at him with the tickets. 'Thank you, Ned. Everyone, this is gonna be, maybe, the best four hours of our whole trip."

"Four hours!" The students say in unison.

The chaperones send the students back up to their rooms to change into formal attire. Iduna changed into a simple short navy-blue dress, thinking it would be easier to change into her new suit when the time comes.

The group meets back down in the lobby before exiting the hotel into the bustling streets of Prague. Each lane was lit up with light and light. People were out in costume as fireworks were put on and the music was blared.

Everyone became grumpier the further they went from the carnival. "This sucks." Iduna, says and she meant it. She would've loved to immerse herself in the festival and get lost in the celebration.

MJ nods. "agreed, but on the bright side, we get to see an expensive opera show." Iduna was about to reply when the earpiece she had on let through Maria's voice.

"Parker, Thordottir, do you copy?" Iduna doesn't dare to look back at Peter and continues to admire the attractions they pass. The teens keep an eye on the clock as Maria updates them on the area's current status.

When they reach the opera door, they find it almost empty because there was a giant festival going on right outside. The wait to get inside wasn't long at all. The theatre was basically open when they arrived.

Peter and Iduna hang back as their friends get some opera glasses. "we should sit closest to the exit." Iduna murmurs as Ned and Betty get their goggles. She follows Peter's gaze to where MJ stood inside the theatre by the entrance talking to Brad.

She looked at Peter with endearing eyes. All she wanted was to talk to him about what Beck said. She wanted to know if any of that was true.

"Yeah. I'll be back in a second." She tried to touch his arm to make him stay, but Peter had already left her side. Her heart sunk as MJ turned to face him and her confidence shattered as she smiled and made him laugh.