twelve

london, england

Shuri and Iduna were at the group's back as they walked to the international train station's exit. "You got a signal yet?"

"No. Something is blocking it, and I can't get past it." Shuri mutters. "I can't relay anything out of London."

"That's not good." Iduna grimaces. "Something's gone wrong."

MJ and Ned twist around at the mention of something terrible. "What's happened?" Ned asks quietly.

The group slowed down for them to catch up. "Nothing. I'll figure it out."

"Okay, guys, the company set a city tour, and then we'll grab a bite and head to the airport." Mr Harrington reveals.

The four friends share wary looks. "I retract what I said." Shuri murmurs. Fury did the company upgrades. If everything went to plan, Fury's meddling would be non-existent.

"Is no one else gonna acknowledge how crazy this is?" The group slows down as Brad decides to spout his nonsense.

"Oh, yeah, I get it. There's been nothing scientific about this science tour at all." Mr Dell says, shuffling through the group with a coffee in one hand.

Brad sticks out his hand. "No, no, I'm talking about Peter and Iduna. Has no one noticed how shady they've been? I saw him in the backroom of a rest stop with some woman in his underwear, and he always sneaking away with Iduna, like back at the opera, huh? And now he's suddenly off the trip with family in Berlin? While she's still here after being inseparable the entire time? And why is Shuri here?" The squad were stunned. "Is no one else here interested in the truth?"

All eyes were on Iduna, and she didn't know what to say.

MJ holds out a steady hand. "' The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world'."

"George Orwell," Shuri adds.

MJ looks side to side. "And since Peter's not really here to tell his truth, what about you, Brad? Why don't you just ask Iduna why she's here by herself? Why do you think it's cool to take pictures of people in the bathroom?"

"Yeah, dude, what's that about?" Flash interjects with his live stream on.

Brad's face falters. "No, no, no, it wasn't like that. It was ... I was trying to take- "His stutter was astonishing to witness.

"Let's put all this craziness behind us and have a nice, peaceful afternoon." Their teacher shuts Brad down. "' Sounds excellent, Mr Harrington,' said the class. Okay." With that, the students followed Harrington out from the station.

Iduna, however, swoops in and catches Mr Dell's attention. "Hi, sir, can you please tell Brad that what he said was an invasion of my privacy and that he obviously wasn't paying attention when the school announced Shuri would join us because of her involvement in STEM achievements in high school. Thank you."

"Of course, Miss Krast. We will be just a minute." As she slips away, Iduna gives Shuri a high five. Before they left Prague, Shuri hacked into the school's system about this trip and just added the minor detail of her placement with them in Prague that everyone must've not read clearly.