fifteen

newark, new jersey

The teens only had to go through customs as their luggage was blown up on a London bus. Many were distraught with having lost valuables, but all were grateful to be alive and finally home.

Everyone's phones have constantly been buzzing since London. Their parents were waiting for them at the check-in of the airport. The closer they got, the more precise the signs and anxious faces became.

As for the world, well, it was in a state of shock when Beck's evil plan came to light. No one was surprised, though. As for the kids stuck in the Crown Jewels, their excuse was the drone shooting for why they separated from the group. The on-duty teachers accepted it.

"Are you guys sure no one else has figured it out?" Peter asked the same question for the millionth time.

On one side, MJ sighs. "Yeah, it's not like anybody really pays attention to you."

"Burn..." Shuri makes an exasperated sound as she and MJ take to walk in front.

"Ouch," Peter says softly.

Iduna smiles. "Except for us, is what they meant to say."

Peter gives Iduna a warm gaze. "Thanks."

"You guys are so cute." From behind them, Betty and Ned walk up to them. Iduna and Peter became a bit frazzled as they both were unsure what exactly 'they' were.

"Thank you." They say at the same time. They share another shaky look. "You guys are too."

"Oh, we broke up." Betty and Ned say in sync. The other two exchange looks again.

"No." one said.

"What?" The other said.

"Why?" They both asked.

The recently split couple both looked at them weirdly at how tuned in their speech was. "Men and women grow apart, but the journey they share together will always be a part of them." Ned calmly explains, thinking he made sense. Iduna and Peter connect their eyes again as Betty places a hand on Ned's cheek.

"You are so wise." She says sweetly. Ned thanks her before she walks away. Ned then shrugs his shoulders as his two other friends give a look of confusion. Ned then nods silently before walking away to his parents.

The two-start walking again and catch up behind MJ and Shuri.

Peter leans down to Iduna's level and motions towards the girls. "They should just hold hands already... see that? They're basically glued together now." Peter whispered cheekily into Iduna's ear, making her laugh softly.

They were trailing behind MJ and Shuri. These two have not left each other's side since London. After their moment on the bridge, Iduna reunited with her friends. It was such a relieving, warm moment to embrace everyone after what had just happened. She told them that Peter was with the others.

Although once the dust had settled, MJ and Shuri were attached to the hip. Shuri had this endless toothy grin each time MJ would look at her and then coyly turn her head. While resting at the vault, the two girls sat next to MJ's head on Shuri's shoulder while Shuri had her hand on MJ's thigh. Once Iduna took notice, she got Ned's attention, and he instantly connected the dots.

When the school group finally reunited, Iduna and Ned spilled everything as they'd theorised how and when and why this happened. The Princess of Wakanda falling for a teenage genius.

"I know, right... it is quite annoying now." At that moment, Shuri and MJ twisted around simultaneously, scaring the hell out of them.

"Take your own advice, Parker." MJ sarcastically says as Shuri uses her free hand to point to Peter and Iduna's.

"This has been happening for the last eight months... now that is quite annoying," Shuri smirks as she intertwines her hands with MJ's and keeps on walking. "I think a double date would suffice... see you guys later."

The two clueless teens look down at their own hands find the two pinkies wrapped up together, both unaware that that had occurred. "Did you?" Peter asked.

Her facelifted. "No. Did you?"

"No." His lips curl upwards as his hand takes a proper hold of hers. She then matched his smile as the two teens bid their school trip friends goodbye.

Aunt May had messaged to safe that she'd be late, and most likely, by the time she'd arrive, they'd already been out of the airport. The teens exited the building, and Iduna instantly spotted May. "May!" She calls out excitedly, leaving Peter behind.

The older woman sees her two teenagers and hurriedly talks to someone by her car before rushing them with open arms. She closes her hug on them both. "I'm so glad that you two are okay."

May takes a step back to analyse the kids' faces. She could tell that they clearly went through something hectic but also came out of it feeling lighter. "No, for real, we're good. We are actually really fine." Peter sends Iduna a coy glance that May instantly notices.

Before their guardian could say something, Iduna interjects. "We are good, really swell." May casts them a funny look before dropping it. "Let's go. Where are your bags? Oh, right. They got blown up." The teens' nod. They walk on either side of May, who hands them a brown bag of goodies. "I go you some hot buttered bagels, and Morgan sent some of your mom's biscuits." The teens opened the bags to taste a piece of home and hurry into the car.