seventeen

new york city

"Go! Get out of here now! I'll call you." Shuri yells out and pushes Peter and Iduna into the open space. "The world is going to turn on you. Get out of here!"

The two teenagers shot up into the sky and web-swung away from the crowds as their photos lighting up the world. Looking down on the street, people had stopped and been pointing up. Some were using their phones to take pictures, while others called the police.

The growing echo of police sirens started to rise to the skyscrapers where the two had swung up to. Soon enough, they'll deploy helicopters and specialised squads. While bouncing across laneways and rooftops, Iduna had her phone out, frantically messaging her Queen and anyone else who could come and get them out of the city.

Peter and Iduna were accused of causing massacres and severe damage to several cities. With Beck's video, there wasn't much time to defend themselves as those around them starting to turn.

Midgard was already typing up Iduna's name on search engines while requesting Norse mythology books. In ten minutes, someone would have her family tree structured. Someone would hack governments, looking for her name but possibly finding her mother's or Queen's. Within the hour, Midgard would start to piece together the secret that Valyriate exists. By midnight, all secrets hidden from the public would be unveiled.

The beating of air started. "Peter." On the horizon, north of the city, three levitating objects were making their way to them. Iduna drops onto a high-rise building, pulling off her mask. Peter lands just behind her. "They're coming for us." The sound of sirens increased and got closer. She felt her chest tighten.

"May just texted. She said we need to leave the city." She looked back and then twirled in one spot. "I just don't know how... what are you doing?"

"Getting a ride." Iduna mutters as she brings her phone to her ear. She hears the familiar voice through the receiver and ends the call.

"Who was that?" Peter asked anxiously as more helicopters entered the sky.

The sound of a jet fills the void and becomes deafening. A Wakandan jet rises above them, and the back ramp descends. Outcomes MJ and Shuri. "This must be the fifth time I've taken in fugitives. Get in."

The kids leap into the jet. The ramp closes, and Shuri gets behind the wheel. She activates the invisible disguise. Iduna gets in the co-pilot seat and starts the weapons system just in case. "To the Starks."

"To the Starks. Buckle up back there." There's some shuffling in the back as MJ and Peter buckle themselves in.

The New York vessels were no match for the jet. Shuri was able to fly out from the city's proximity and set course for the Stark house. She puts on autopilot and twists around to Iduna. "Girl, you are everywhere."