two

new jeresy

"Iduna!" the kid yells from the patio.

"Morgan!" the teen hollers back as she leaves the ship. "Thank you for flying me here, guys. Safe travels." She bids the crew goodbye as she steps off the ramp and runs toward the Stark house.

As the ship ascends, Iduna picks up Morgan and gives her a squishy hug and tickles her. The kid screeches with laughter. "No, stop! I'm ticklish."

"You've grown so much since I last saw you." Iduna laughs jokingly and puts her down. "Where's your mum?"

"Inside." The young Stark girl takes her hand and pulls Iduna towards the house. They rush up the patio stairs, and Iduna opens the door. Morgan runs through and finds that her mom isn't in the lounge where she last was. "Mom! Iduna is here!" She yells just as Pepper emerges from the kitchen.

Pepper shushes Morgan. "I know, sweetie, we both saw the ship." Pepper places a gentle hand on her daughter's head. "Hello, Iduna." There was an instant sadness between them. "Oh, give me a hug." Pepper wraps her arms around the Iduna and feels the young girl shudder under her. "It's been a long time." They separate and welcome Morgan into their huddle. "Now, would you like something to eat or drink?"

Iduna beams. "Yes, one of those carbonised flavoured drinks, please." She tails behind mother and daughter into the kitchen.

"You mean a soda?" Morgan chimes in as Pepper helps her to the beach chair.

"Oh, yeah. I totally forgot what they're called here." Iduna blushes from the schooling by a child. Pepper searches through her fridge as Iduna looks at some picture frames on the kitchen countertop. "Are you going to hang these?" She thanks Pepper as she smiles at a family photo of the Stark family.

Pepper nods. "Yes. I want to put them up by the staircase. That's my favourite one." She points to a picture of Morgan and her dad out by the lake, posing in their fishing gear. "it was taken two days after the new year."

Their ears perk up at the sound of a car pulling up to the front of the house. "That should be Happy, right?" Iduna finishes her soda hastily, but then her eyes squint from the fizziness.

Pepper nods and helps Morgan down, and leads the way to the front of the house. "I hope you come back for a visit this summer; Morgan really missed your company." That comment made Iduna a little confused. Summer is not for a couple of months.

"Ah, yeah, of course. I'll see if I can get my schoolwork under control." Now that left Pepper a bit confused. The redhead picks up a large piece of flimsy cardboard, holds it under her arm, and opens the front door.

Standing at the bottom of the patio, Happy Hogan smiles brightly. "Hi, guys." Morgan rushes down and gives Happy a big hug as Pepper hands over the cardboard. "I'll be sure to give this to May tonight." Happy holds up for writing for a high-five from Iduna. The heiress slams her palm to his. "Ouchies... and a high-five for you as well, Morgan. Right, you ready, kid?" The alien girl looks to the Starks and her heart aches.