thirteen

london, england

"Happy! Ned! MJ!" Out of tricks, Iduna sprints after where her friends went. She takes a left to realise that it's a dead end. "Shuri!"

"Down here!" Ned's voice echoes at the dead-end just as the drone comes into view.

She sprints down to the end to realise that there was a right turn into a display full of glass cases of medieval armour. The drone was hot on her heels as she entered the historic room. She heard the click in canons being activated. "Duck!" she screams at her friends, who stood randomly in the middle of the room.

The drone spits out bullets that shatter the displays and sends the items to crash onto the floor. Iduna follows MJ and Shuri just as a giant piece of glass shatters, sending shards everywhere. It doesn't help when an entire suit of armour comes crashing down, knocking Iduna to the wooden floor. She hits her head and loses consciousness.

Happy makes Flash stand behind him as MJ and Shuri side-by-side behind an untouched display. Betty and Ned, on the other side, furiously point at Iduna, who was passed out between the other two pairs.

Shuri spots a Morningstar and mallet display to her right. Happy shakes his head disapprovingly as the girls pick their weapon. MJ's handling of the Morningstar makes a soft clink.

The drone spots them.

Betty and Ned think quickly and use a spear to knock over a suit. The drone reacts quickly and rains fire. MJ and Shuri come out from the shadows and take a hit each at the drone. "Happy get Iduna!" Shuri yells as the drone crashes into the floor.

The guardian picks up Iduna carefully and waddles over to the vault doors where the other three already piled in. MJ and Shuri run towards the doors and close themselves inside just as the drone reactivate and starts blasting again.

Happy waddles to the middle of the vault and puts Iduna down and sits her upright. He winces as he pushes the hair out from her face. A piece of glass was stuck in the side of her face by her left eye. "Uh, kid..." The alien girl mumbles something as she comes back to consciousness. She raises her hand to touch her face.

Shuri's hand stops that. "I'll remove that." The other girl drops her mallet, carefully pulls out the glass shard, and watches out for any glass left behind. It was a small gash, but it let out a ton of blood. "Iduna, hey, wake up," Shuri says, shaking her friend slightly.

"I'm here. I'm here." Happy replies into his earpiece. Iduna groans under the strain of waking up. She brings her hand to where she bumped her head. "I bought us some time but not much... uh, everyone is okay, but Iduna's hurt... But, Pete, Pete, listen to me, she's okay."

Hearing his name was enough to make her eyes open. "Happy..." She grumbles softly as she tries to stand up. "Let me talk..." She places a hand to her cut and looks down at it to see a lot of blood. Shuri tries to make her sit down. "No, no... Happy, let me talk to Peter." She had to hear his voice.

Getting to her feet, Iduna takes two steps towards Happy before using her bloodied hand to rip out Happy's earpiece and putting it in her ear. "Peter?" She struck out a hand for support from Happy. "Peter, are you there? Can you hear me?"

There was some static on the other line before it cleared up. "Yeah, I can hear you, Iduna."

Iduna's body felt a wave of relief take over. She had so much to say in such little time. "are you okay? What's going on?"

She could hear him grunt on the other end. "I'm still alive. I can't seem to reach Beck." She could hear the countless blasts from the drones and each painful sound Peter made when he got hurt. "He's destroying the bridge."

Her friends looked around frantically as a golden circle started to appear on this side of the vault. Iduna takes a step back and stands beside the Crown Jewels.

After a few loud explosions on his end, Peter's voice rang through. "Happy said you're hurt...."

"Are we gonna die?" Ned says nervously.

Happy shakes his head. "Nobody dies on my watch."

She stops him there. "I'm fine..." her voice falters as a second circle appears. Her attention span comes back to Peter when the sound of loud booms almost burst her eardrums, followed by the alarm of cars and the thrashing of water. She could detect each sound of pain he made. Then silence. "Peter? Peter, what happened?"

The vault doors then shook. "I wasted my life playing video games, and we're gonna die," Ned reveals, possibly on the brink of tears.

Then shook again. "I have a fake ID, and I've never even used it," Betty adds as she holds up her Halpert at the shuddering doors.

Again, it shook. "I post stupid videos daily for people to like me." Flask keeps this revelation chain going.

Happy points the finger at Flash. "hey, if it wasn't for those stupid videos, Spider-Man would've never found you."

Flash looks at Happy for confirmation for what was just said. "Spider-man? Spider-Man follows me. I saved us guys,"

MJ scowls at Flash. "If you saved us, why are we about to die?" The group turn on her. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm obsessed with telling the truth even if it hurts other people's feelings."

"Too much has changed in the last eight months, and I don't know if I'll be able to cope with it," Shuri says.

Iduna looks up at the door as trepidation fills her gut. "Something happened." She whispers.

"I'm in love with Spider-Man's aunt." Happy solidifies the groups deepest secrets. "We're sharing, right?"

"I can't hear him anymore...." Happy turns to face her. His expression falls as he reads her face. "He isn't responding. Happy, something went wrong."

"You don't know that." Happy tries to shift her perspective.

Iduna drops the earpiece as another boom shakes the vault. "He's out there with Beck." A silvery streak dances within her pupils. "No one is out there helping him. He doesn't deserve to fight alone." Iduna slowly walks up to her friend's side.

"You can't go out there with that drone." MJ states as the others line up alongside Iduna.

"What are you gonna do?" Shuri asks softly.

Iduna doesn't reply. Instead, she coils her hands into fists as she strides up to the door. Then, without any hesitation, she plummets her knuckles into the metal, allowing all the burning fury in her soul to fuel her power. A surge of electric vigour explodes from her hands and blows the door off its hinges.

She doesn't allow the four drones to recalibrate. Iduna grabs one by its blaster and throws it into the nearest drone before shooting a web at the third drone and swinging it into the wall that makes it explode into flames. She dealt with the last drone by throwing it to the ground with her fist before planting her heel in the middle, smashing it to pieces.